Merge Plugins Standalone not loading plugins

edynacio

Question

I installed Merge Plugins Standalone unzipping it in my "tools" folder.

I added the executable MergePlugins.exe to Mod Organizer.

Ran it for the first time and follow the setup instructions.

Everything went well but browsing "Papyrus flag path" under Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\source\ didn't show "TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" until I selected "Detect Integrations"

"TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" actually doesn't show in browsing directory in Merge Plugins Standalone but will show if I browse the path using Windows explorer path.

The merge takes about 10 minutes when adding assets and copies the entire Skyrim data directory into the merge mod. With all the bsa from the DLC and HighResTextures.

When I attempt to run Merge Plugins Standalone again with Mod Organizer it won't load the plugins.

If I remove MP and reinstall it to Skyrim directory the same happens. Loading the plugins initially but doesn't show "TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" and etc.

Can't figure what I'm doing wrong. The directions given in SRLE seem to be very clear.

I need help. Thanks.

11 answers to this question

The log error I'm getting:

I changed the profile name to just "SRLE" and it loaded the plugins.

First merge, Climates of Tamriel patches, went well. No problems.

The problem was the file name for MO profile was too long.

I like to keep track of the latest version I have of SRLE but I was keeping the name too long or using () that might not be allowed for certain tools.

Thanks

Edited by edynacio

1. It sounds like you installed it properly. Assuming your "tools" folder is something similar to mine (i.e. E:\Gaming\Skyrim\Tools). Also good you ran it through Mod Organizer.

2. Make sure the paths in the integration area have the trailing \ as indicated in the guide. I had trouble when they weren't there since it used the incorrect path.

Items not saving makes me think it might be a permissions issue, make sure tools are not installed inside the "Program Files".

I spent a couple of hours trying to figure what's wrong but couldn't make it work.

The main problem that I came across is when choosing "I'm using Mod Organizer" under integrations tab. Next time I run MP the background loader is finished but no plugins are loaded.

Here are the steps I'm taking:

When browsing for Papyrus flags the file "TESV_Papyrus_Flags" is not there. But if I browse using Windows it will show.

Not sure it that's an issue because if clicking "Detect Integrations" it will populate "Papyrus flags" with "TESV_Papyrus_Flags".

After the setup I close MP and when running it again it doesn't load any plugins. Initially running MP for the first time through Mod Organizer it will load all plugins from SRLE.

This happens also if I do a fresh install of MP and running it independently from MO but selecting "I'm using Mod Organizer"

My Skyrim is installed here:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

I'm using Windows 10 Pro

I'm posting this problem also under [WIP] Merge Plugins Standalone. It may be more appropriate.

Edited by edynacio

The log error I'm getting:

attachicon.gifUntitled8.jpg

I changed the profile name to just "SRLE" and it loaded the plugins.

First merge, Climates of Tamriel patches, went well. No problems.

The problem was the file name for MO profile was too long.

I like to keep track of the latest version I have of SRLE but I was keeping the name too long or using () that might not be allowed for certain tools.

Thanks

Not sure it was because the profile was too long or the fact you have extended ASCII characters in it.

Also if you post in one thread it is usually all that is required, no need to double-post to get answered. Though it is quite possible you decided to post in the other topic as a hindsight, once you realised the content was more fitting.

I have the same problem.  In the settings "integrations" i can't select the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg.

In the Skyrim/data folder there is a script.rar which has the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg. I have extracted it to the data folder and also installed the script.rar in the mod organizer. But I can't still the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg when I'm looking for the Papyrus flags path.

Edit:

Thas is weird. After many combinations the program can find the file now. I tried the following more than one time:

I installed the whole script.rar and the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg which is in an extra .rar

in mod organizer.

Now I clicked the button "Detect Integrations" in the setting "Integrations".

Edited by bt4

I couldn't find the file browsing for the relevant path either, but I knew TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg was there.

Clicking "Detect Intergrations" does luckily fill the missing path automatically, as bt4 said.

Thank you!

Edited by Dusty