SRLE - Explorer's Edition

• 2 weeks later...

This is just brilliant. I love SRLE and I love exploration.

Awesome work Nearox, where can I donate?

Is SRLE - Explorer's Edition suppose to replace REGS, or will they work side by side since REGS already is "compatible" with SRLE?

I love exploration and there is many mods I would love to see in this pack, so I will sort out the best and suggest them here later.

Keep up the awesome work, Skyrim would not have been the same without you.

Edited by xxx78

I assume its a replacement for REGS adapted to current SRLE for two reasons.

The introduction says

"The SRLE Explorer's Edition is a spin-off project of A Real Explorer's Edition to Skyrim (REGS), catered specifically for Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition."

And REGS itself is pretty outdated and not even fully compatible to STEP anymore. Also, the creator of REGS recently announced to abandon his Pack as he ran into time issues and as STEP recently added mods with known conflicts with REGS core mods (JK's Cities vs Immersive Citizens for example).

Hey there !

Is the pack usable in its current form ? I just re-installed SR:LE after a 10 month break. I used to use REGS before, but it looks like it won't cut it anymore.

It is safe to use ? I can follow guides but I've got no clue on how to troubleshoot my game, so...

Sorry, it's not usable for a full playthrough without issues in it's current form. However these relate mostly to ICAO integration with certain mods such as ETaC. If you don't mind a few citizens in a few minor settlements acting strange, then there should be little problems aside from stability (which has been reported to be an issue by some people, mainly ILS).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's not usable for a full playthrough without issues in it's current form. However these relate mostly to ICAO integration with certain mods such as ETaC. If you don't mind a few citizens in a few minor settlements acting strange, then there should be little problems aside from stability (which has been reported to be an issue by some people, mainly ILS).

Soo, does this mean I could just start a clean install of SR:LE plus this and play with it until there is a fix for it? Or is it better to wait for the fix first, before starting a playthrough of this? I don't mind a few minor bugs here and there, as long as it's not too distracting. As long as it is easy to fix while already having a save game (instead of needing to start over once it's fixed).

Also, it would take me a day or two to get a full clean install of SR:LE in the first plays anyway (including testing etc).

Edited by Faylon
  • 2 weeks later...

It won't be soon, I guess, since ICAO - city/town mods compatibility still needs to be worked out by the respective mod author(s).

You can use it, and it likely won't lead to an unstable game - apart from a few citizens potentially behaving a bit weird here and there. Read recently that Arthmoor did an inspection of ICAO and he could not see what made compatiblity of this mod such a "special" issue. Waiting a bit more on the development of that topic. Until then, I won't be updating the guide I'm afraid. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.