Improved Close Faced Helmets (by navida1)

mothergoose729

I would just like verification that I have installed this mod correctly as per STEP. Here are the related esp's:

16 Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

59 ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp

60 Improved Closeface Helmets_Legendary.esp

61 imp_hel.esp (but this is not checked!)

62 imp_helm_dawn.esp

63 imp_helm_imp.esp

64 imp_help_dborn.esp

65 imp_guard_helm.esp

Thank you

Get rid of everything but the legendary plugin and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Legendary doesn't include imp_helm_imp. You still need that esp.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry- I'm still a little unclear about the instructions of installing the "Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions" patch at the step of installing ICH.  Do I manually move the legendary esp directly into the ICH folder?  Or do I add the patch just like any other mod (in which case, do I merge or rename?)  Thanks in advance for the support here.

Sorry- I'm still a little unclear about the instructions of installing the "Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions" patch at the step of installing ICH.  Do I manually move the legendary esp directly into the ICH folder?  Or do I add the patch just like any other mod (in which case, do I merge or rename?)  Thanks in advance for the support here.

I don't have the guide open in front of me (on my phone), but I'm pretty sure that the patch should have an esp that is named something identical to one of the esps in Weapons and Armor fixes. You need to make sure that this compatibility patch is installed AFTER the original mod so that it will overwrite that esp with the one from the patch. You can PM me if you're still confused. I can look at the guide in depth later. Let me know if that helps. 

I don't have the guide open in front of me (on my phone), but I'm pretty sure that the patch should have an esp that is named something identical to one of the esps in Weapons and Armor fixes. You need to make sure that this compatibility patch is installed AFTER the original mod so that it will overwrite that esp with the one from the patch. You can PM me if you're still confused. I can look at the guide in depth later. Let me know if that helps. 

Thanks!  I tried to send you a message, but the server said that you can't receive them, so I'll just post my elaboration here.

Unfortunately, I'm still a little confused, mostly on how to actually install the .esp.  For instance- do I just add the patch into mod organizer like any other mod?  Because when I do that, MO realizes I have Weapons and Armor fixes already installed, and asks if I want to merge, replace, or rename.  If I merge, it'd go into the WAF folder, which seems off to me considering the guide told me to wait until AFTER Improved Closefaced Helmets to install the patch.  That'd leave rename, in which case I'd rename it and it'd appear as a separate mod after ICH.  Which am I supposed to do here?  Thanks again.

Thanks!  I tried to send you a message, but the server said that you can't receive them, so I'll just post my elaboration here.

Unfortunately, I'm still a little confused, mostly on how to actually install the .esp.  For instance- do I just add the patch into mod organizer like any other mod?  Because when I do that, MO realizes I have Weapons and Armor fixes already installed, and asks if I want to merge, replace, or rename.  If I merge, it'd go into the WAF folder, which seems off to me considering the guide told me to wait until AFTER Improved Closefaced Helmets to install the patch.  That'd leave rename, in which case I'd rename it and it'd appear as a separate mod after ICH.  Which am I supposed to do here?  Thanks again.

I think there is something wrong with the messenging system right now. I think you can replace as well, right? Mine replaces. I also dont use the legendary version. I use each individual plugin and just replace them with the patch esps. 

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Do a merge. If you have all the DLC then only use the improved closedface helmets legendary patch.

Awesome, thanks for the clear-cut answer, EssArrBee.  Just a quick question about that- how does waiting until after ICH has been installed but still merging the patch into the WAF folder (which was installed before ICH) position the legendary .esp after ICH?  Does Mod Organizer know because it sees the patch was installed after ICH?

Well you don't actually have to wait to install the ICH patch from WAF because it is just plugins. One thing you will need to do if you don't all the DLC is to hide all the ICH plugins so they don't overwrite the ones provided by the WAF patch. We used to tell people to create a separate mod for the patches and put it right after ICH, but with MO you can just double the mod, go to the Optional ESPs tab, move the plugins you don't want to the Optional ESPs box, so now you can just merge the WAF patch.

Well you don't actually have to wait to install the ICH patch from WAF because it is just plugins. One thing you will need to do if you don't all the DLC is to hide all the ICH plugins so they don't overwrite the ones provided by the WAF patch. We used to tell people to create a separate mod for the patches and put it right after ICH, but with MO you can just double the mod, go to the Optional ESPs tab, move the plugins you don't want to the Optional ESPs box, so now you can just merge the WAF patch.

Ah, cool.  My resolve gets pretty confused when I have questions like this and makes me less wanting to move on to the next step, so your speedy answers have all been helpful.  Thanks a ton.

Do a merge. If you have all the DLC then only use the improved closedface helmets legendary patch.

Just a quick follow up here- when I did install and hit merge, I got a pop-up reading that 'encoding method unsupported' and then another that reads 'installation cancelled: this mod was not installed completely."  Any suggestions?

Edited by dylosaur

Well, the file you are installing isn't formatted correctly. Did you do anything to it? If not then it may have just been corrupted during download so delete the archive and redownload.

Yep.  Must've just been a bad file.  Thanks again.

If I am using Cabal's Silver or Gold Ebony Armor Varient (NOT the option that lets you craft different types. Just either the gold or just the silver varients) do I need to download the "AmidianBorn Ebony Compatibility Patch" for the meshes? Should I just remove that esp since I don't use the differentlyebony.esp from Book of Silence?

• 4 weeks later...

We used to tell people to create a separate mod for the patches and put it right after ICH, but with MO you can just double the mod, go to the Optional ESPs tab, move the plugins you don't want to the Optional ESPs box, so now you can just merge the WAF patch.

Clarification: Since I've followed your instructions you've given to MERGE the Improved Closefaced Helments_Legendary.esp the instructions on the Improved Closefaced Helmets Wiki Page: 

"Notice:Currently BOSS doesn't recognize the Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp, so you will have to manually move it in your load order to come immediately after ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp"

would now seem to be irrelevant since I can't move a merged esp. Is this correct?

Edited by maedrhos