Improved Close Faced Helmets (by navida1)

mothergoose729

For whatever reason using MO 1.34, some mods (including this one) were not unpacking all of the files from the archive and adding them to the "mods" folder. Using the 1.218 version on the downloads worked fine and all was well on the esp existing front. Something very buggy was going on with the latest MO version for me. 

If it's what I think it is, it's a bug that was already reported and fixed for an upcoming version (whenever that might be) according to the tracker.

• 1 month later...

Hi. It doesn't seem as if anyone has posted here for a while, so I'm hoping someone will notice this post, and have an answer. I also hope this is the right place to ask (if it's not, could someone aim me in the right direction?)

I am having a heck of a time following the instuctions givenby the STEP Guide to install Improved Closefaced Helmets (i'm using the Mod Orginizer as suggested).

Recommendations

Download and install the "Improved Closefaced Helmets (Legendary Edition)" and the "Update - Male corundum Dragon Priest mask texture fix" update file. Merge when asked for installing the update file.

So I download to my computer both the files, and add them using the Mod Orginizer... and there's nothing about merging. What am I doing wrong?

Only the "meshes" folder is needed from this mod, so the plugin from this mod should not be loaded.

So, are you saying that I need to open the compressed file and delete anything that is not a Mesh folder, before adding it with the Mod Orginizer?

Users: Optional: Right click the mod > Information > Optional ESPs. Move the plugin from the lower pane into the upper pane.

Which mod am I right clicking on?

Sorry for sounding like such a 'noob', but I guess that's what I am. Plus I'm an old man as well, and prefer things to be unconvoluted.

Thank you for all the work you folks have put into this, and I hope to get a polite answer soon; I really would like to play the game sometime before I die of old age, which at my age, ain't too far off. :/

So I download to my computer both the files, and add them using the Mod Orginizer... and there's nothing about merging. What am I doing wrong?

When installing the fix, rename it to the same name as the main file. You'll be asked if you want to merge. Say yes.

So, are you saying that I need to open the compressed file and delete anything that is not a Mesh folder, before adding it with the Mod Orginizer?

No, after installation you can move the ESP file to the optional ESPs within MO so that it's not used.

Which mod am I right clicking on?

Improved Closefaced Helmets this is the same thing I said above about moving it to Optional ESPs.

• 2 months later...

@d3monic it says right in the wiki why it should be disabled 

"The plugin from Weapons and Armor Fixes will be used instead"

It's not optional. I dont see where it says that it is? (I think you may be referring to the Mod Organizer optional step and that is to simply hide the esp all together from the plugins column so that things can be kept more neat and less confusing) The wiki says that both IMP and WAF one of the core mods. I'd imagine the only reason that you would not disable it is because you weren't going to use weapon and armor fixes.

• +1 1

@GamerPoets thanks for your reply. Sorry, yes and I wasn't specific enough. I was referring to the MO optional recommendation to hide that esp. I'm new here and the "why" really helps me when I want to know what choices are right for my intended play experience.

Just thought I would make a quick comment here as I've had several other people express confusion about the STEP instructions to me both over on the ICH page comments (which I maintain on behalf of the mod author) and on reddit, and also the odd question on steam as well.

As of the most recent versions, the ICH esp for the legendary edition, imp_helm_legend.esp, and the WAFR patch provided on its page for ICH share the same name, so as long as WAFR is under ICH in the left pane of MO, or installed after it when using NMM, removing the esp shouldn't be needed any more as it will be overwritten instead of previous pre-1.5 versions where both versions would be loaded because of different names.

If you guys are okay with it, I would actually request that this line "Only the "meshes" folder is needed from this mod, so the plugin from this mod should not be loaded." from your wiki gets removed because I've had a bunch of people question how to install the mod without the plugin, or get confused about why they need to hide it etc if the wafr patch overwrites it, or people even hiding it when they aren't using wafr and then wondering why all the npcs in their game suddenly have no heads XD

I do completely understand that there comes a point when you can no longer make things simpler for the sake of the users, and there is a point when you can make things too simple for the sake of users still making mistakes, and in the end it is on the users to understand what they are doing, so I'm not saying remove that instruction from all mods that have it, but from this case when its slightly redundant, it might help comprehension a little bit :)

• +1 2

I do completely understand that there comes a point when you can no longer make things simpler for the sake of the users, and there is a point when you can make things too simple for the sake of users still making mistakes, and in the end it is on the users to understand what they are doing, so I'm not saying remove that instruction from all mods that have it, but from this case when its slightly redundant, it might help comprehension a little bit :)

It also helps time efficiency. :yes: