[Solved] [Spoilers included] Witcher 3 -- Unkillable bandit in 'Fool's Gold' quest

GrantSP

Searching the interwebs it looks like there has been introduced a quest-breaking bug in the 1.10 patch that means you may need to resort to console commands to progress.

In the 'Fool's Gold' quest you encounter a villager pleading with some non-hostile bandits to not eat a pig.

These bandits offer you some and when the villager speaks again they say they will have to beat him. Here is where you step in and put them to the sword.

Now at this stage one of the bandits stops fighting and just stands by the roasting pig and you can proceed with the quest.

Unfortunately when you come back to perform the last few tasks of this quest he again becomes hostile and you proceed to fight him, but no matter what you do he remians in a state of 0 health and you can no longer damage him and he is for all intents, immortal.

There is a way to proceed without using the console but it requires you to move throughout the village gathering the pigs without the last bandit seeing you, possible but a pain to do so.

Edit:

Seems I completely forgot to mention this is a Witcher 3 issue, edited the title to show that now. Probably had some scratching their heads.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm in my 2nd playthrough, after scrapping the first one due to some issues, and I am back to this quest and even though the 1.11 patch was said to address an issue with this, I am still getting this unkillable bandit.

Anyone else seeing this?

On a somewhat related matter I cannot seem to log on to the CDProjektRed forums to post my findings. Constantly am thrown back to the login dialogue. GOG's support fora are next to useless and I don't know where else to report this. Are there any other places that the developers check?

CDPR support team asked me to verify my game via GOG Galaxy, and although that tool advised that nothing was in error, or that any new/additional files needed to be installed, upon doing this and reloading the game from before the quest initialised has shown this quest is now fixed!

Weird but pleasing.

CDPR support team asked me to verify my game via GOG Galaxy, and although that tool advised that nothing was in error, or that any new/additional files needed to be installed, upon doing this and reloading the game from before the quest initialised has shown this quest is now fixed!

Weird but pleasing.

Glad that fixed it for you. :) I knew they put a fix in last patch, apparently you somehow never got it.