Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L, Perk and Gameplay Talk

Please post about Fallout 4 character builds and gameplay aspects here. I would love to hear how you are playing and why you made your character the way you did!

Character creator:

https://vault111.com/character/

All perks::

https://orcz.com/Fallout_4:_Perk_Chart

Perks are also on the wikia and easier to read:

https://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

Template:

S
P
E
C
I
A
L

HP
AP
CW
Sex

My UPDATED  SPECIAL:

S 3 - Armorer.
P 4 - Increased non-auto weapon damage and can pick hard locks.
E 7 - Chem and rad resistance, more health and Adamantium Skeleton.
C 3 - Extra damage to opposite sex and extra carry-weight with no companion active.
I 6 - Can hack and create terminals, also increased benefit from stimpacks. All weapon mods.
A 2 - Better pistol and auto-gun damage.
L 3 - Find better loot and Bloody Mess which stacks +5 damage with each rank.

HP 115
AP 80 
CW 240
Sex Female

With this build I should have open access to all loot, all weapon and armour modifications, resist damage and radiation, increase common gun damage, carry more and deal more damage. Later on I plan to add to Charisma if the settlement supply routes are actually useful, Luck for more criticals and Agility for faster AP recharge. I am female because there wil be lots more men to kill as usual and I can deal more damage to the opposite sex.

Edited by Guest

Do not worry too much about the SPECIAL points. Each time you level you can choose to spend a point for a perk or for increase a SPECIAL. So even if you mess up at the beginning you shouldn't have problems fixing your character later in the game. And your overall distribution seems good, you only have strength at 1, meaning that if later you decide to specialize on something you don't have to start from the beginning.

Do not worry too much about the SPECIAL points. Each time you level you can choose to spend a point for a perk or for increase a SPECIAL. So even if you mess up at the beginning you shouldn't have problems fixing your character later in the game. And your overall distribution seems good, you only have strength at 1, meaning that if later you decide to specialize on something you don't have to start from the beginning.

Ooooh! Damn I liked having to think and make choices based on limited resources acually. I will probably put a few more into Charisma at the very least for two companions and perhaps Luck for more criticals. I would still love to hear everyone elses start builds and their reasoning, as it would be interesting. What perks you may later aim for and your playstyle too if possible.  ::):

Edit: Well I thought about something... So with my choices I can take 28 perks. That means I have 11 levels where I can add to my SPECIAL and 11 to perks (because it's going to take ages to level further than level 50). Now that means I can max 2 perk tiers (2x4) and can buy 3 more individual perks, or have 11 more perks at tier 1.  That is still a tough choice and nowhere near enough to buy every perk obviously. The choice dilemma going to do my head in I know it!   :^_^:

Edited by Guest

If I recall correctly, you don't have to pick the earlier level Perks to get access to a high level one with FO4.

e.g. with 7 in Endurance you can go for "Adamantium Skeleton" without having to pick any of the others in that column, if you so desire.

So they are not level-locked for balance or anything? I only remember having the higher-level perks later on in the other games, but I haven't played them for ages. 

Edit: I guess you mean you can save them up. My bad.

Edited by Guest

Yeah I edited my comment. I didn't think about that, so I guess I can throw any perks I deem 'trash' and save up. That makes things much easier and gives more freedom to play around. What about swapping or resetting perk choices? Lots of games allow this, but I'm in doubt-mode with this game.

I don't think FO3 or FNV had a way to reset anything. The Old World Blues DLC had something to reset traits I think, but nothing else. Legendary skills in Skyrim might be the closest they've ever come.

I really hope that companions and pets have some kind of leveling/perk system. 

I hope so too, but all I got is that one perk can let two companions heal each other. Being they are seeminly invincible apparently, I don't see the point anyway.

What do you guys think about melee weapons? Strength really seems tacked-on this time and seems like a go to place for people investing in more melee damage. I really don't see much point when you can make a super-boxer at just rank 1. Later on, finding a power glove will surely destroy any melee weapon anyway.

Depends on the stopping power that guns have. If you can't ever reach your target then you're screwed. If it's like FO3, then you'll just be able to run up and murder everyone. I'm guessing there is going to be sprinting in the game, since it was added to Skyrim. That will help the melee peeps close the gap fast. You could also dump something into explosives so you can throw a grenade to injure everyone then run up and start chopping away with your knife or machete.

Here's the perk chart: 

X0oPKRz.jpg

Some melee weapon concept art: 

13.jpg

Guns: 

12.jpg

Well I have read all the perks and linked them in my OP, but I am really not sure about the 'Indimidation' (pacify people) one at all. Not to mention 'Bulletproof' (decreased enemy hit-rate) and 'Detection' (I'm assuming see-through walls). All of those look to make things easier later on. 

On melee, Shish. was a great one, but Ripper was pretty terrible. I would generally say melee is bad in these games as it is in TES. TES and Fallout are bash bash bash, block, repeat. The system is awful. I usually end up using range in Bethesda games. Grenades kind of felt weak to me too. People just got crippled or crippled slightly when they should be paste. Mind you I can't throw for jack in games. If I throw through even a large gap, I usually miss it and it bounces off the surrounding objects and explodes on me.