Just saying Hi

rootsrat

I believe it's a good practise to say Hello when you joining any new community, so - Hi all, I am new to STEP forums, in fact I am new to STEP too :) I am TES fan since Morrowind. I played first 2 games too (yes, I am old enough to remember them :) ), but could not name myself 'fan' back then I guess... 

What I love about TES games is they are so open to modding, the fact that the modding community gets support from game developer. And of course the community itself! I think this makes these games special. If not the community of modders and mod users, they would be 'just another RPG' :)

1.8 screwed my game a bit and I plan for a clean reinstall this weekend, so I've decided to use STEP now :) Hope this will work fine! I used to run anything between 100-200 mods at a time with Skyrim 1.7.7 and everything worked perfectly (well, almost) fine, until Steam forced 1.8 update to my game...

So yeah, hello everyone again and see you in threads :)

Peas!

I am going to try and play with what I got now, see what happens. I am currently playing main quest (never completed it before, think it's time!) and my char is only level 10 so far. Apparently iHUD caused CTDs (as per Gopher), but with new SKSE 1.6.5 they should be fixed. If the CTDs I was getting recently will persist, I will reinstall and try basic STEP :) 

Do apologise for double post, but I just wanted to say big thanks and express my appreciation for the STEP team for compiling the guide. I reinstalled Skyrim couple of days ago and followed STEP to establish a mod-base, and so far it works like a dream! Thanks for the effort, all the tips & tweaks and the comprehensive, user friendly guide guys.

Big, bug kudos to you all!