Fallout 4 Support

rmm200

Question

Fallout 4 launches in 3 days.

Even though there are no mods available - I would like to get started the right way - which means running under Mod Manager.

Any tips for running this new Fallout under the latest Mod Manager - or are the paths and executables hard coded?

Any schedule for official support?

Lets keep this topic specific to FO4. General MO2 discussion can be found here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/9377-mod-organizer-2-discussion-and-feedback/

Apparently @Tannin has been using an early version of a FO4/MO build for a few days now and has little issue. A release suitable for testing may be in the wind shortly.

Now, does anyone want to gift me a copy of FO4? :innocent:  :;):

EDIT:

That last sentence is only meant in jest, I'm not soliciting for a copy. Thank you to those that did offer though.

But you said you hate MO T. Oh dear, I'm awful.

Nah, MO is like the second coming around here. ::D: Probably because it deserves to be mind you. :;):  Is it generally function and ease-of-use you lot like about it? I haven't really ever tried it much, but I really like the sound of a lot of the features. Hiding individual files is one of them.

When you get down to it, it's more powerful and gives you better control than NMM does. Most of the same things can be accomplished with WB too, but MO is better on several fronts than WB including: keeping the Data folder clean, easier to use and learn for new users, better development and support, more control over an entire modded setup, etc.

Also WB isn't really suited for "tweakers". If you modify one of the files  it installed, then it won't uninstall it when you remove the mod the original file belonged to.

This is great because it allow for some manual installs, but if you tinker with your mods then you might lost track of some files.

That's the biggest issue I have with it.

Basic testing on my part is good so far. Runs the game, uploads from Nexus, installs and activates mods appropriately. Obviously have not put it through it's paces fully.

Getting a weird message about a C++ error in python code on star-up.

Yeah I´m also getting that C++ error message, although I can¨t run the game through MO. It crashes right when the intro video is about to start. Even when I disabled the few mods I wanted to try.

Hello I have been testing MO2 today and I have noticed this particular issue, I wonder if anyone has experienced the same or it's just me.

Installing and enabling mods works fine with most of the mods, but if I disable any mod and launch the game straight away the disabled mod will cause issues. For instance if it was a texture mod the game will not load the corresponding vanilla texture anymore instead things will be purple etc. For other types of mods effects might vary some could even crash the game like a mod to replace pipboy textures and its meshes. To fix things one has to restart the MO after he has disabled any mod, in that case with the mods disabled in MO the game will now load the corresponding vanilla assets correctly.

Anyway I wanted to know if anyone has tried disabling a mod and what were the results.

Cheers.

Edited by strangerism