fINIp 4 (Fallout INI Project 4) by DoubleYou
fINIp 4 (Fallout INI Project 4) is an attempt to restore decency to the Fallout 4 INI configuration files. Sadly, Bethesda screwed up its INIs. You would think that their INI creation method via the Fallout Launcher would be completely error free, as how could they mess up what essentially is a simple text file? but it isn't. They are chock full of uh-ah-choo! sneeze-worthy lines.
Enter fINIp 4. We spinned the files that Fallout 3 uses to create your presets, twirled them into a sensible order, and whirled away most of the errors. This removes a large portion of the obsolete and redundant lines that the Fallout Launcher erroneously applies to the INI files.
- Download the main file.
- Run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Read any warnings carefully!
- Once the installer has completed, the Fallout Launcher will automatically run to generate your new INI files.
- Replace your Fallout4.ini and FalloutPrefs4.ini files with the backups you should have made according to the warnings in installation and go to step 3. If you neglected to heed my warnings, verify integrity of game cache and go to step 2.
- Run the Fallout Launcher and select your preset.
- Eat salt and vinegar chips.