[STEP Extended] demands old Unofficial Patches, Even Better Quest Objectives demands Unofficial Legendary Patch?

elwaps

Question

I've used the forum search (after accidentially posting into the dev thread) and didn't find anything about the topic so I'm asking you guys.

I've recently installed a new Skyrim setup starting with STEP Extended and including Even Better Quest Objectives aswell as the old Unofficial Skyrim/DG/HF/DB Patches (not the Legendary one).

Unfortunately I'm always getting the "Missing Master" thing referring to the Unofficial Legendary Patch from EBQO (aswell as the Alternate Start and Requiem patches belonging to it). I've already tried the esp uploaded on the second last page of the EBQO thread but it didn't change anything.

As I'm pretty unexperienced when it comes to modding I'm wondering if I got that thread right that one should ignore the error as it isn't substantial but only refers to some old entries in the file (yet it doesn't let me do the DSR and Requiem Patches because of missing masters and the Bashed Patch at least complains) or if I totally overlooked some instruction telling me how to deal with the problem. Using the Legendary Patch doesn't solve anything as many esps demand for the old ones and using both "worked" but the new patch constantly complains about the old one being installed and I guess that'll lead to some problems. Should I use the old Better Quest Objectives (without "Even") to fix it? No need to tell me my savegames will be fked or something, I haven't really started playing yet, I'm still testing and completing my installation (just added REGS for example).

So what am I supposed to do? Sorry if the solution was explained somewhere and I didn't get it (no native speaker here) but there should be some sort of official instruction from STEP on that topic anyway. Or I'm just too dumb and seriously messed up something myself, sorry in that case! :/

post-6521-0-45730500-1447452180_thumb.png

post-6521-0-07367400-1447452185_thumb.png

6 answers to this question

For now, use the older Quest Objectives mod. The author has kept the old version available for exactly this reason. I know STEP is making preparations to release the next version of the guide, but it's still in progress. I *expect* (but have no real clue, honestly) that it will be moving to USLEEP and will make adjustments for it. No idea when it will release, but judging from the flurry of discussion on testing mods, I think it may be fairly soon.

My first time through STEP and I've run into the same problem with some additional conflicts.  I note that the current (as of 11/20/15) versions of Cutting Room Floor and Bring Out Your Dead also require the USLEEP master, but neither of these provide older editions on the Nexus (except for unsupported vanilla editions).  How should I approach addressing this?

I was also wondering which "older version" of BQO I should use as indicated above?  The STEP guide (v2.2.9.1) does not list the preferred version, so I don't know what was current at the time of release.

@elachim

I'm using Cutting Room Floor 1.1.7 (the "Vanilla Edition" you were talking about) and Bring Out Your Dead 3.0.0 (old Vanilla version too) for now. They might not include everything the Legendary ones got but better have those than none at all. :)