Question

Hi,

I got the 1.7.3 version of SKSE from here: https://skse.silverlock.org/

The 7z version.

For some reason memory blocks log shows:

Block1 Block2
256MB    256MB

and I get ILS issues.

I tried to put the SKSE.ini in the data directory (in the SKSE sub folder) and to eneble it via MO (ini for lazy users), so it doesn't seem to be a MO issue.

The contents of my ini file:

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

Thanks in advance!

[edit]

I did some more troubleshooting. The problem persists even if I don't use MO and roll back to older SKSE versions. SSME works flawlessly though.

Edited by Spock

When it comes to trouble-shooting game tools it is just another layer of pain to get through if the user is using a cracked copy of the game executable. It's hard enough getting three or four tools to play nice with one another without introducing a rogue element.

Yes indeed. Lesson learned! :)

I actually feel bad about posting my issue, I should have known that altering the .exe and posting bug reports is bad manner :/

Hello.  I seem to be having the same issue as Spock(original poster).  I was having CTD's and memory log was showing that SKSE wasn't working.  SSME solved my issues.  I've since put in the -forcesteamloader in arguments to no avail.  I don't want to move my game over to programs from someone's potential fix.  It seemed thread ended in that there's a possibility in the wrong code format being used, but not a fix for someone who is strictly end user. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I should add I followed the STEP CORE guide with MO with the exception of a few VRAM hungry mods. 

Edited by Bytor

I would I verify if it was installed correctly?  I followed STEP CORE and Gamer poets yOUtube tutorial for MO and I don't have any hidden extensions with windows 10.  I've read through this thread and others, but have really come to a dead end. 

Basically, make sure the text of this page was followed to the letter: https://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender#Recommendations

If you believe it was, then check the file path.

If you installed Mod Organizer in the Skyrim directory, the filepath should be: "[...]\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SKSE\skse.ini". The error I made was not to create a folder named "SKSE" and put the .ini file I created in that folder. It is an easy step to miss.

If you change the value to "768" and "256" in skse.ini per the recommendations, and the filepath is correct without the skse.ini being overwritten, the expected outcome of the memory blocks log is to show "512" and "256".

Edit: I have never watched the videos, so I cannot make a claim to their veracity. I know the text instructions work.

Edited by Nebulous112

Make sure you have skse_1_9_32.dll, skse_launcher.exe, and skse_steam_loader.dll in the Skyrim folder (in the same folder with TESV.exe).

Make sure you are running skse_launcher.exe (instead of TESV.exe) to play the game. If you are using Mod Organizer, you may need to add -forcesteamlauncher to the arguments for SKSE.

Make sure you have SKSE.ini in the \SKSE folder in the SKSE mod in Mod Organizer as in this screenshot:

YiV7RZHhMSwsaq07

Finally, make sure the file is named skse.ini instead of skse.ini.txt. Naming the file with a txt extension is unfortunately super easy to do with Windows hiding the file extensions by defauilt.

(Sorry for double post caused I tried to quote but it dont give me space to write so I click the "Add Post". Then I decide to edit the post with extra info, but I can't) :/

Hello... (well I register here just to make reply to here lol)... This is for Greg post in the beginning of the thread. I apologize in advance since I don't want to sound picky on you.

So in your early post you mention the "... need to add -forcesteamlauncher to the argument..." by any mean, can you edit your post and change it to "-forcesteamloader" instead because it kinda threw me off for a while since it will make SKSE mention that it dont understand the argument. Since you are Moderator here so... people (member or mostly guest) who stumble upon this will (blindly - this what I did) follow you and get "omg what I did wrong" :)

I also believe to enable the Memory Patch the "-forcesteamloader" argument is pretty crucial since based on skse.steam_loader.log (in the my Doc) that's when the memory patch actually happen.

(skse.steam_loader.log)

overriding memory pool sizes

default heap = 768MB (effective 512MB if not preloading animations)

scrap heap = 256MB

OnHook: thread = 12188

calling winmain

peace :D

I tried using a different profile for testing purposes and voila....it works.  Since I've gone back to the original profile and it works there now as well.  Strange.  Anyway, thank you for your time.  Now on to other problems.