STEP v2.2.9.2 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong topic (if it is, could I be pointed to the right one?) but I was trying to follow the installation instructions for STEP Core (only deviations were that I had the 3 DLCs but not the HighResTexturePack files in MO to begin with, I did the optional step for ENB because I heard it let you Alt+Tab and that I didn't do the tutorial disable in INI Tweaks because this'll be my first proper Skyrim playthrough), I just tried to install SKSE according to the linked video (the written instructions confused me) and when I got to the part with running SKSE from MO, I just got a black screen with a black window in the top left (Showed up normal in screenshots so that's why I don't have one, also I could hear the music normally).

If this is the right place, I'll be happy to give any needed info, but I'm not even sure what's necessary (I'll admit I'm a complete noob at this).

You might have been better off posting this as a separate topic in the General forum, actually. 

It's actually normal when starting up SKSE to get a small black window first and then the game window will open. You may hear the music first before you see the menu, but it's usually only a very short time.

What confused you about the written SKSE instructions? 

Alright, I'll go do so since I waited a bit and it didn't seem to resolve itself.

The part that threw me off was the bit saying to "download and install the latest archive". I wasn't sure how I was supposed to install it, the later steps mentioned about moving the .exes and .dlls but I thought that was meant to come after "installing" it... The GamerPoets video set me straight though (still not too sure I have the folder set up right).

Thank you anyway, I'll be off to make the topic!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know that A Quality World Map has been updated and the detailed instructions are now slightly outdated. The instruction say to use the "A Quality World Map - New Installer main file," however there is no longer a file with that name available to download. There are now four options: Version 8.4 Classic, Version 9.0P Paper, Version 9.0.1VF Vivid with Flat Roads, and Version 9.0.1 with Stone Roads.

For now I have installed Version 8.4 Classic because it seems like this might be the "New Installer" renamed as "Classic."

Just wanted to let you know that A Quality World Map has been updated and the detailed instructions are now slightly outdated. The instruction say to use the "A Quality World Map - New Installer main file," however there is no longer a file with that name available to download. There are now four options: Version 8.4 Classic, Version 9.0P Paper, Version 9.0.1VF Vivid with Flat Roads, and Version 9.0.1 with Stone Roads.

For now I have installed Version 8.4 Classic because it seems like this might be the "New Installer" renamed as "Classic."

Fixed.

First time using DynDOLOD and I get an error about HF Birds Clean. Says not to load. Searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I disabled it in my load order and DYNDOLOD is doing it's thing.

It's listed on the page for Birds and Flocks, though I admit this snuck up on me the first time too so maybe it would make sense to also put it on the DynDOLOD page as well.

• +1 1

@LOOT Rules - Priority

To copy and paste what I posted in another thread (because I'm lazy...)

Sorry I have taken so long to properly check into this. I've tested and have updated the rules to their proper values.

The Global Priorities should be set as follows:

• RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp = 30
  • ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp = 40
  • STEP Patches = 50 (default)
  • Bashed Patch = 80 (default)
  • Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp = 95 (default)
  • DynDOLOD.esp = 115 (default)

Using these priorities will place the mods where they were placed when the STEP Patches were created. Leaving a gap between the values allows for users to place mods between these plugins, if needed. For example, setting plugin XYZ.esp to a Global Priority of 35 will place it between Relighting Skyrim and ELE (possibly useful for other lighting or weather mods, but keep in mind the STEP Patches carry forward records from both these mods).

• 3 weeks later...

At the very beginning of the guide there is this text

A Brief Note: Chapter Heading Layout
A link to more information related to the heading for users wishing to use a more meticulous route to installing STEP is provided right up front underneath the section heading:

Detailed Information --> Link 

Brief, quick-setup instructions follow for users wishing to blow through the guide AFAP (as fast as possible).

The "link" does not seem to be clickable or be there at all

Edited by ATMPlays

At the very beginning of the guide there is this text

The "link" does not seem to be clickable or be there at all

It doesn't link to anything because it is just a visual example of what the actual guide provides. An actual example can be seen just a few lines down the page:

1.A. Install Steam & Skyrim

Detailed Information --> Skyrim Installation Guide

• 1 month later...

In the STEP v2.2.9.2 guide, in the "2.0. Launching STEP:Skyrim" section, it says to run LOOT one final time and to check 4 meta rules.

It omits to mention the Realistic Water Two rule.

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

Load after:

• RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp

In the STEP v2.2.9.2 guide, in the "2.0. Launching STEP:Skyrim" section, it says to run LOOT one final time and to check 4 meta rules.

It omits to mention the Realistic Water Two rule.

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

Load after:

• RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp

Thanks! I've updated that section to reflect the next release's rules. Those were recent additions to the Guide since the LOOT team doesn't want to add our suggested meta rules. This will align the mods at the end of the load order as we have them aligned for the STEP Patches.

• 3 weeks later...