Movement Speeds Fixed by quho

Greg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71491/?

This looks like an interesting mod that balances the movement speed of the character and human NPCs.

• Increases walking speed (roleplay-walk) by 25%
  • Decrease run and sprint speeds by a small amount (7%)
  • Correct multiple values which were wrong in game (such as backwalking with one handed weapon being 0.6x the speed of backwalking with two handed weapon).
  • Reduce sidewalk speed slightly. (Without this mod you backrun with speed of 205 and backrunsidestep with speed of 370. Very huge and unrealistic difference, backrunning and backrunsidestepping being just as hard in irl. This fixes it.)

Modified movement speed values for Humanoid (Player and NPC).

• Walk 80 -> 100
  • Run 370 -> 340
  • Sprint 500 -> 470
  • Sneak walk 47 -> 60
  • Sneak run 222 -> 190 (left & right 170)

Those mods were all no-goes. I've had this one open in a tab for a while to check it out. Most of these types of mods makes you feel "restricted" while moving. Basically, the movement doesn't match the animation. I remember testing one that made you "glide" to the ground while jumping off objects. A very odd feeling while playing.

Well, that's not good. I was hoping it would balance out the backward walk and backward sprint because these do seem to be a bit too fast. It seems as if my character run backwards about as fast as the Draugr coming after me, and it just doesn't seem natural.

I have Backup Movement Speed Reduction and it seems to work just fine. I'm just puzzled why people feel the urge to do the same thing over and over. It's fine for textures, because styles are different, but something as simple as lowering values for strafe speed or whatever, that just doesn't make sense to do again.

Edited by Octopuss

What 2-3 mods already make these exact changes?  I have my own personal movement speed mod that I use, and before I created it, I compared a number of the available movement speed mods.  None of the ones I looked at made the exact same changes, and I doubt that this one is exactly the same as any of those.  The balance and feel is different among them, so they can hardly be called the same, and different ones will suit different players' preferences. 

Pardon me for having an opinion...

You didn't say anything about the mod itself though.

It's possible that the author of this mod didn't know about the other mods. And if he did maybe it wasn't exactly what he wanted so he made his own version. Nothing wrong with that.

You always find something to complain about don't you? [emoji14]

That's his personality. I have an associate at work that's similar. Pessimistic, doesn't trust anyone until they've earned it, but a good employee nonetheless. She's earned the name "negative Nancy" over time and she doesn't even mind being called that. In fact, she signs all her in-house communications with "Negative Nancy" now. Haha!

• 2 weeks later...