[WIP] Boston Atomic Bomb Yankee - BABY (Fallout 4)

Kesta

The way pre-combined objects are handled is still a bit of a mystery, what is sure is that the game's occlusion culling is highly dependent on this mechanic (and thus, the performances). If you experience performance issue in conflicted areas, then that's probably the problem. If not, you're good to go.

The CK tend to shuffle the lists even if none of the pre-combined objects are edited (which is definitely the case here since it doesn't edit a single reference), or it's xEdit that doesn't sort the list while it should (though I'm pretty sure zilav looked into it, so xEdit is probably displaying it correctly).

If you really want to switch for EI, consider its edits on XPRI/XCRI records as wild edits and drag'n drop the actual ones from vanilla/UFO4P.

But overall I wouldn't recommend this over Fr4nsson's light tweaks (though the two aren't incompatible, try to use both and the brighten the visuals if too dark using your enb). Fr4nsson's just remove fake skylighting in interior cells, that's pretty basic and just avoid to have illuminating roofs. Interiors enhanced does take care of the interior fog in several areas, but is far from covering the whole game, will most likely never be finished, and soon enough be made obsolete by an actual lighting overhaul.

Edit : Side note when dealing with conflict. While the whole plugin system is pretty similar to what we're used to with skyrim and older games, there is several new things such as pre-combined refs, and thus FO4Edit is still labeled as pre-alpha for a reason).

Edited by Kesta

Hmm, I see. Maybe I'll try a mod that just removes interior fog alongside Fr4nsson's mod. It's mainly the fog that I want to get rid off. enb is not an option for me due to performance hit. I'm playing on medium to high graphics options and Shadow Boost to stay between 50 and 60 fps

Just noticed MO2 got updated. Also enbseries is now kinda "real". And several good updates / mods came up recently (don't miss the new icons for DEF_UI). So lot of updates to do :P

Though I might wait for the next build of the game  to be out of beta.

But that's a busy weekend for me so it's gonna have to wait ^^

Edited by Kesta
  • +1 1

Good news, MO2 is OK :) Still a few quirks, but it can now be used for regular modding :) 

Don't forget to have a look at the Fallout4Prefs.ini guide DY started, it's already almost complete, and when used in conjunctions with InsanePlumber's INI settings info, you should already draw near to a definitive INI setup.

But back to business, main reason for the post:

There is a lot of issues with ReShade, so i'm browsing for new ENBs and visual setups. 

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to switch from Darker Nights to True Nights (will depend on the ENB of choice), nor if Enhanced Color Correction is gonna make it (same reason).

Input/feedback welcome from anyone who'd use Olympus ENB. Haven't tested yet, probably going to use it this week, but this look really promising (and the author seem to be a cool dude).

Edited by Kesta

Good news, MO2 is OK :) Still a few quirks, but it can now be used for regular modding :) 

Don't forget to have a look at the Fallout4Prefs.ini guide DY started, it's already almost complete, and when used in conjunctions with InsanePlumber's INI settings info, you should already draw near to a definitive INI setup.

But back to business, main reason for the post:

There is a lot of issues with ReShade, so i'm browsing for new ENBs and visual setups. 

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to switch from Darker Nights to True Nights (will depend on the ENB of choice), nor if Enhanced Color Correction is gonna make it (same reason).

Input/feedback welcome from anyone who'd use Olympus ENB. Haven't tested yet, probably going to use it this week, but this look really promising (and the author seem to be a cool dude).

This ENB looks awesome! It give me looks and feels of my favorite ENB for Skyrim - Vividian ENB version 6.

Has anyone used the latest MO2 beta and noticed infinite loading screens? After updating to Beta2 loading times on entering/leaving buildings went on forever. Alt-tabbing out of the game and going back in ended the loading screen immediately. Just rolled back to beta 1 and the problem is gone.

Running Beta2, No infinite load screen to report for now (roughly 20h of gameplay I think). However the load time are indeed increased, at least at game startup.

I take it you already tried to disable ton of stuffs to see if the problem disappeared ?

Also, you have any external stuffs ? I dropped ReShade and installed all F4SE plugin directly into Data just for "safety" since I read there was a few issues back in beta1 and was too lazy to make crashtests by myself. But that was supposed to be a cause of CTD, not ILS.

Edited by Kesta

Reinstalled beta 2. Deactivating mods helps, but it really need to be a lot of mods.

1. disabled Optimized Vanilla Textures and all mods from the categories that start with "Textures" - no ILS

2. re-enabled only Optimized Vanilla Textures - ILS

3. disabled Optimized Vanilla Textures again and enabled categories Textures Equipment and Items - ILS

So basically I'd have to play without texture replacers, including the one that actually reduces texture sizes.

edit: and I don't use any external stuff apart from f4se and Shadow Boost. No Reshade and no enb.

Edited by TirigonX

Well, then the problem is clear ^^ Need to refer to Tannin. But that's really weird that Beta1 handle everything properly but not Beta2.

Out of curiosity : Did you repack optimized textures as a .ba2 ?

If that's just the number/weight of textures, try with just disabling Optimized Textures and FAR (it include a very big lot of them), that should really help.

At point 3 I had every texture mod disabled except Equipment and Item mods and still got ILS.

Did some testing with ba2 files

1. packed Optimzed Textures as ba2 and registered it in fallout4.ini (all texture replacers disabled): no ILS

2. enabled FAR in MO: ILS

3. disabled FAR in MO, packed FAR as ba2 and registered in ini file : no ILS

4. enabled all Equipment texture mods in MO (Proto Vault Suit etc.): ILS

So it seems to be related to loose files for me. Maybe I could use all mods if I pack them into ba2 files but I think I'll use beta 1 for now and hope it gets fixed in a future version.

Interiors enhanced does take care of the interior fog in several areas, but is far from covering the whole game, will most likely never be finished, and soon enough be made obsolete by an actual lighting overhaul.

Hmm, what do you mean far from covering the whole game? On the mod page it says it edits every cell .. ?

Anyways, slightly belated, but my thoughts on Olympus is that it's too bloom-y. I love the ability to pick LUTs on the fly, but dislike the hazy bloom effect. /2 coppers

EDIT: But I usually think bloom is overdone in presets so take that for what it's worth. I think I have a much lower bloom tolerance threshold than most lol.

Edited by Noobsayer