[WIP] Boston Atomic Bomb Yankee - BABY (Fallout 4)

Kesta

In regards to the crafted section, I have seen it said that having too many crafting mods of various types causes sections to stop showing up, or not everything to be shown. Is there is a good rule of thumb for how to handle this yet, or what is 'best' generally speaking? I know some will have their favorites because of liking certain assets, but there is such a large amount that I find myself kind of lost at the moment. To the point I am cutting armors because they are all crafted. I assume I can do as I did for Skyrim/F3/NV and just use Edit to create new recipes or at least cut out the ones I won't use, but with how much has changed I am more looking for fairly basic guidelines that I should stay within. 

• 5 weeks later...

I just wandering, if you think to continue updating your guide?

Thx

After Nuka World and once things settle down a bit, yes. MO2 is still too buggy to make a decent guide out of it, and Beth keep breaking modding bit by bit each patch. Lot of things need to be sorted or at least stabilized before the effort is worth something.

Oh yes, i understand, it's worth waiting for a complete game with DLC's and patches, so like that you don't waste you're time updating all the time. Maybe MO2 gonna be more usable at that time? Anyway, thanks for your BABY guide and we hope you're be able to update it soon.

After Nuka World and once things settle down a bit, yes. MO2 is still too buggy to make a decent guide out of it, and Beth keep breaking modding bit by bit each patch. Lot of things need to be sorted or at least stabilized before the effort is worth something.

Sweet!

Thx for the good news!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kesta, I was taking a look at this, is there is anything I should definitely watch out for or definitely take a look at?

I'm probably also going to use some of the hidden mods after I give them a good look.

Honestly, is MO2 ready for use or does it still need some work? 

I'll probably use Wrye as it is loads better than NMM from what I have used.

Haven't been using it for long, but I just finished installing most of this guide using MO2 without any hitches... Stuck to the STEP procedure for installation of MO + utilities for MO2 and don't think I had a single problem.  Of course I have no technical knowledge whatsoever so perhaps I've just created a very nice house of cards that's ready to blow over any minute...  Doesn't seem like it though.

Hey Kesta, I was taking a look at this, is there is anything I should definitely watch out for or definitely take a look at?

I'm probably also going to use some of the hidden mods after I give them a good look.

Honestly, is MO2 ready for use or does it still need some work? 

I'll probably use Wrye as it is loads better than NMM from what I have used.

MO2 is ok for plug and play modding, but the fact that xEdit can behave oddly from time to time is a no-go for really advanced setup imo. Depending on what you wanna do, that can still be a good idea, it's not like if NMM was perfect either ^^ Can't comment on wrye flash for fo4, as I didn't try it.

As for the mods, they're bugfixes an visual improvements for the largest part, so they won't cause much problem, though you might find better ones on the Nexus if any got released in the meantime (typically, Vivid Weathers :P )

By the way, I'm in a rush period at work until september 19, so nothing's gonna happen for the guide before a few more weeks (haven't even launched Nuka World yet...). I know, I keep delaying... i'm  an awful person :( 

An awful person. How could you do this to us mere mortals?!?! :P

MO2 has come a long way, and I rarely have problems with it. That being said, problems do exist, mostly when using a program launched through MO like Bodyslide and xEdit. I haven't personally had any problems with xEdit but I don't use it the same way many do.

Anyways, we'll all eagerly await the update when it does come!

Here is some Fallout4Custom.ini settings I use that could possibly benefit your guide:

Under "[General]":

SIntroSequence=0 - Skips Intro/Logo video.

fChancesToPlayAlternateIntro=0 - Skips S.P.E.C.I.A.L. videos.

uMainMenuDelayBeforeAllowSkip=0 - Removes the start game delay on the start screen.

sStartingConsoleCommand=cl off - This value automatically runs a console command when the game starts up.  This command specifically turns off the Character Lighting (aka Fake Lighting) and can be used as an alternative to the ENBoost setting for those that prefer not to use ENBoost.  You can also run multiple console commands on the same line when by deviding the commands with semi-colons.  For example: "sStartingConsoleCommand=cl off;tgm;bat xxx" will run these three console commands automatically when the game boots up to the start menu.

I realize that those are already tweaks being made using the INI tool you recommended (which is no longer available on the Nexus, btw), but I would recommend just adding these to the Fallout4Custome.ini for future convenience.  The reason why is the the Fallout4Custom.ini file is not altered or changed by the game engine in any why.  You can uninstall Fallout 4 and then reinstall it later and run the launcher multiple times making changes and as long as you do not delete the Fallout4Custome.ini file then it will always be there unchanged.  You never have to bother with adding these changes again at a later date.

This is also an optional alternative setting for the Pipboy that can be suggested, based on that persons personal taste and preference:

Under "[Pipboy]":

bPipboyEffectColorOnLight=0 - Makes the light act like the classic Fallout 3/NV light where the screen color does not effect the Pipboy light color, by making the light white.  This line is useful for those that still use the default Pipboy monochrome screen color/effect.  Now a person can make their Pipboy screen a Velvet Blue and still be able to see in the dark with there Pipboy light.  This tweak is not required if you are using the "bPipboyDisableFX=1" tweak, but it still can be used in conjunction just in case a person would like to enable the Pipboy Display Effects back ON again but would still like the bright white light from their Pipboy.

Edited by theicedevil

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! First  time posting here, and I want to thank all of you for the awesome work you put in to this project! So this might be a stupid question, but after following the guide (in some cases I used the updated versions of the mods) I have encountered a problem of flickering (or going black) textures in game. No other issue than that, and it's kind of annoying. The thing is because I used some updated versions of the mods the BABY patches are inapplicable and probably (that's my best guess anyway) that's the reason this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also read on the BABY nexus page the creator saying that it's better to learn to use xEdit and make custom patches  for my specific setup etc. can any of you pinpoint me to the right direction, for a good simple tutorial on how to do that? Thanks a million.

Love and peace! ;)

MO2 is ok for plug and play modding, but the fact that xEdit can behave oddly from time to time is a no-go for really advanced setup imo.

I have been using MO2 (most recent version - 2.07b3) for my most recent mod setup/playthrough, and have not noticed any major issues with FO4Edit or Bodyslide through MO2. There have been only 2 issues and both are easy to workaround:

1. Any files modified by FO4Edit will automatically be sent to the overwrite folder (even if it started in a pre-existing mod folder). It is fine to just move it back to the mod folder.
  2. Occasionally after running tools, it will cause a subsequent attempt to launch the tool (or the game) fail and crash MO2. Restarting MO2 works fine if this happens. Nothing will crash DURING the use of the tool, so there is no risk there.

I have noticed no issues using the plugins I have made and/or modified with FO4Edit through MO2 which includes some compatibility patching, a personal merge of smaller plugins, and tweaking some settings.

Edited by Velgus