Better Docks

Sairven

Better Docks by zebra0

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14087

Spruces up the docks of Skyrim (Solitude, Windhelm, Riften, and Dawnstar).

As a US Navy Veteran, I was completely and utterly dismayed at the dismal state the vanilla docks in Skyrim were in. It's just inexcusable to someone who has been to more than 40 countries. Even the most ravaged countries have more lively docks than the joke that is vanilla docks in Skyrim.

This mod changes that. I cannot properly express how awesome and amazing of a job this mod does in fixing the docks issue in Skyrim. While there are tiny nitpicks, this mod does a more than adequate job in making the docks more immersive without breaking any of the vanilla quests.

Definitely an aesthetics/immersion mod if ever there were one.

Edit: Better Docks now has a compatibility patch for Solitude Docks District!

interesting, i will have to check these out.

my first time visiting the docks(even thought its a game), i was kinda scared to walk on them. thought i was gonna fall in the water ... lol

Just wait till you see the Solitude docks.

Lots of trade going on. :D

Try not to reflexively kill a certain something on one of the trade ships like I did. Haha.

As far as SDD compatibility goes, is it possible to simply just disable the Solitude esp?

It would kind suck though considering how amazing a job zebra did on the Solitude docks. Hmm.

Edit: Nevermind about the following. Was looking at SDD. Could simply just disable the Solitude esp from Better Docks.

I've fiddled around before with Better Docks to move some boats around, what needs to be fixed? Or is it the dock worker NPCs causing problems? That's a bit far above my head, and I think the author of Interesting NPCs helped zebra out with that so I don't know if that can be helped if so.

This is good bit it crashes my game.

The compatibility patch or the main mod? I've never had a problem with the main mod (aside from a "Make way!" issue when some dock workers and that dude you tailed for the theives guild quest got into a "scruff" (after a minute he went on about his business)).

But I did crash on the compatibility crash after hopping around like a madman in the docks for 30 minutes. He updated the compatibility patch again a few hours ago, so maybe the issue got ironed out.

The main mod.

I don't have any incompatible mod.

Weird. :(

Any clues as to what might be causing it? I don't have WATER installed, but I have before with BD running and had no problems. There's a few other STEP mods I don't have installed. I also don't have that Movable Statistics mod, do you have either of those? Hmm. If so, I may have to break down and go after those two to test.

~180 gameplay hours out of 350 total with Better Docks installed and I haven't had an issue (except for compatibility and the above mentioned problem which seems to be fixed as of the latest update to the compatibility patch).