Mod Recommendations?

This is the mod set I'm using right now. I'm trying to build a visual appealing, lore enhanced, semi-immersive game experiance while still keeping close to vanilla as possible.

Right now my game runs pretty nice. I wish there was more going on, like more wanders outside of cities and whatnot, but all in all my game is pretty nice. I don't have a ton of experience with modding, but this hasn't caused and crashes or bugs.

These are my mods in their current load order (with the exception of the manual patches and etc.. Didn't feel like typing them out :P) 

• Lanterns Of Skyrim - All in One
  • Climates of Tamriel
  • Falskaar
  • Wyrmstooth
  • More Follower Voices
  • ApachiiHair Chopped
  • Exstensible Follower Framework
  • Static Mesh Improvement Mod
  • File Access Interface
  • STEP:Basic
  • SkyUI
  • SkyTweak
  • Sounds of Skyrim
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force
  • Vividian Performace
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life
  • Cloaks of Skyrim
  • Immersive Patrols
  • Immersive Weapons
  • Immersive Armors
  • Dawn of Skyrim - All Major Cities
  • Smooth Blade draw and shealth
  • Shouts Reorganized - Designed for PermA
  • AI Overhaul - Revenge of the Enemies
  • ASIS
  • Imperious - Races of Skyrim
  • Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
  • Thunderchild - Shout Package
  • No Animals Report Crimes
  • Combat Evolved
  • Ultimate Follower Overhaul
  • Hoth the Follower
  • Ragdoll Paralysis
  • Bijin Warmaidens
  • Cerwiden - Smart Healer Follower
  • Inigo
  • Perkus Maximus - Mage, Theif, Warrior
  • PerMa Archery
  • PerMa Weaponry
  • PerMa Defluffed Perk Descriptions
  • Dual Sheath Redux
  • A Matter of Time
  • Hold Border Banners
  • moreHUD
  • Fantasy Soundtrack Project
  • Improved Combat Sounds
  • Border Sence 
  • Extended UI
  • Beards of Skyrim
  • All Hairs for Non-Beast Races
  • RaceMenu
  • Lore Based Loading Screens
  • English Subtitles for Draugr
  • UI Extensions
  • Follower Commentary Overhaul
  • Dungeon Quest Awareness

All the mods I use beyond STEP:

• Detailed Mine Map Markers (Steam Workshop)
  • Immersive armors (Nexus)
  • Immersive weapons
  • aMidianBorn Textures For Immersive Armors and Lore-Friendly Armor Pack
  • Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
  • Vendor Sale Delay - GONE
  • Functional Homes
  • Automatic Item Storage
  • Alchemy Ingredient Storage.  (These last 3 may break immersion, as in, they add storage boxes that are linked to all your homes.  But I really like that feature, so why not? )
  • Riverside Lodge. 
  • Unread Books Glow
  • Spouses Can Live Everywhere. 
  • Amazing Follower Tweaks. 
  • Atlas Map Markers for Skyrim Blackreach Dawnguard and Dragonborn. 
  • SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay.
  • Unofficial SPERG Patches - Imm. armor et Unofficial SPERG Patches -Weapons. 
  • Stormcloak Armor Revival - HD and 4K textures. 
  • Shor's Stone-70751-1-0. 
  • Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers. 
  • Falskaar et Falskaar - HearthFires Patch. 
  • The Forgotten City. 
  • Cloaks of Skyrim. 
  • Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds & Compatibility Patches.
  • HDT Physics Extensions. 
  • Face to face conversation.
  • FNIS Sexy Move. 
  • My Home Is Your Home - a mod for followers. 
  • Follower Commentary Overhaul
  • Immersive Animations. 
  • WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Chracter Overhaul. 
  • Drachis Argonians Mod. 
  • XCE - Warpaint and Dirt. 
  • RUSTIC CLOTHING - 4K and 2K Textures. 
  • Superior Silverware - HD Textures.
  • ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer.  Honestly, I don't know if it's really useful, but it apparently fixed a bug in ShowRaceMenu I have not yet encountered...)
  • UIExtensions. 
  • The Eyes Of Beauty.
  • Wearable Lanterns
  • Female Facial Animation
  • Female Animation Pack
  • Complete Fast Travel Overhaul. 
  • Deathbell HD - All-New Textures (2K-1K). 
  • HDT Equipment - Craftable Weapon Sling. 
  • Lakeview Manor Evolution. 
  • Windstad Mine. 
  • Dragon Claw Stands. 

Hi viper37,

I did notice that you are using "Falskaar - HearthFires Patch" mod. I was never aware that Falskaar conflicts with HF, so I went ahead and downloaded the mod to see what is all about in TES5Edit.

Well..yeah...there is no need for that mod. It does not have any patching effect nor any conflict resolution logic.

All this esp is doing is forwarding location records that do not need to be forwarded, simply because this "conflicting" data gets merged at runtime so it is not..."conflicting"  ::):

So, save yourself an esp slot and get rid of this mod. It is redundant!  :;):

Yeah it is a great mod. I am using it on top of...well...my huge mod list.

Have not noticed any tremendous frame drop (just a bit actually) and it is fairly compatible with a lot of STEP, SR:LE and REGS mods.

It works also nicely with Immersive Citizens as Shurah had assisted the author with some design problems he was facing!

Great mod from a great author!

I am not using all of mod's optionals though...just the main file and the Haafingar Oak Trees. I am loving these trees!!  ::):

Oh, it works beautifully with DynDOLOD!!!

• +1 1

yes I use Enhanced landscapes and even with my heavliy modded setup I never dip below 50FPS and maintain 60-55fps in most areas. I personnaly dont use any of the grass options it is far to heavy for me you also might want to check out Skyrim Landscape Overhaul as well https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53632/? but be warn this does have one or two issue with cutting room floor whcih can be sorted out in load order or a small conflict resloution.

Looks pretty decent too. However, I'm using Cutting Room Floor (which conflicts but is said to be solved by load order), Better Dynamic Snow (no patch out yet), ETaC (no idea), Better Docks and City Entrances (no idea) and I'm planning to add WARZONES 2015 (probably conflicting). For me as someone who got no clue on how to resolve conflicts on his own other than changing the load order this one seems to prone to produce clipping everywhere...

To me Enhanced Landscapes looks way more compatible overall.

As for the grass, I'll be forced to try Grass on Steroids as with 36fps in average (intro scene benchmark, in ETaC and JK "infected" areas its more like 30, in the wilds its more like 40) and Enhanced Landscapes aswell as some script heavy mods yet to be added I cannot afford losing another 5-10fps with Verdant or the EL grass plugin. Looks like I need to eventually get that 980 Ti. My bank account says no tho... ^^

By the way, has anyone tried to combine OBIS, WARZONES 2015 and CWO yet? With its new features WARZONES 2015 seems to be able to almost visually and feeling-wise replace CWO although its not as dynamic and awesome as CWO (but probably ten times more stable). By adding bandit faction fights it also seems to be able to replace OBIS?! Anyone tried to run all of them without having his rig disappear in a black hole of script overload?

Edited by elwaps

I have installed some new mods outside of STEP Extended since my last post.

- Better Jumps (by meh321)

- Blocking Animation Pack (by 5poiler) <--- Replaces mod Dual Wield Blocking Animations

- Deathbell HD (by fadingsignal)

- DRAUGR (by Kajuan) <--- Replaces Draugr option in mod aMidianBorn's Book of Silence - Creatures options.

- RUSTIC MONUMENTS and TOMBSTONES (by Gamwich and SparrowPrince) <--- SMIM option in FOMOD

- Wiseman303's Flora Fixes (by Wiseman303) <--- Also download SMIM Patch and Clams Drop Pearls Patch

- Understandable Draugrs (by Pandora)

Links are to the STEP forum pages for the mods. Instructions assume STEP Extended install.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi viper37,

I did notice that you are using "Falskaar - HearthFires Patch" mod. I was never aware that Falskaar conflicts with HF, so I went ahead and downloaded the mod to see what is all about in TES5Edit.

Well..yeah...there is no need for that mod. It does not have any patching effect nor any conflict resolution logic.

All this esp is doing is forwarding location records that do not need to be forwarded, simply because this "conflicting" data gets merged at runtime so it is not..."conflicting"  ::):

So, save yourself an esp slot and get rid of this mod. It is redundant!  :;):

hey, thank you very much!  I did not know that, and wouldn't know how to check for conflicts anyway :)

I'll delete it for my next playthrough, soon, I hope :)

• 4 months later...

Wymrstooth is no longer available in a reliable location. I understand vers 1.6 was the latest. 

Please, would anyone be willing to (ahem) privately share their download via PM and link?

Thank you, and apologies, remove if this violates rules.

Edited by Bandy