2 replies to this topic

#1 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

So I'm trying to make a mod that makes the Chinese Pistol in Project Nevada use Millenia's Mauser C96 texture and model, and what I've done is basically change the Chinese Pistol record to be identical to the C96 in everything but name/stats and copied over the C96 weapon mods as new records (with new formids). I've also removed the old weapons mods and added the new ones to the leveled lists. 

However, I've noticed that Milennia's record doesn't use any of the WNAM - 1st Person Model records that the Project Nevada weapon uses, and therefore no texture sets, so how does it point to the right textures? After all, I've only added pointers to .nif files, which I understand are the models/meshes (unsure of the difference). Then there's also the matter of the record under static, how are they connected to the weapon? I can't see them being referenced anywhere else, but they can't just be arbitrary files, can they? I'm at an impasse and would greatly appreciate if anyone could find the time to explain some of this to me.

#2 zilav

zilav

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:53 AM

This question is not about xEdit, better ask in New Vegas modding forums.

#3 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

Okey, I was unsure as I was attempting to do so in xEdit. My apologies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout_nv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users