Stable uGridsToLoad Dropped

TechAngel85

We have dropped Stable uGridsToLoad from the Guide. This mod has a memory leak which has never been fixed by the author. This was recently brought to our attention on the forums and we have promptly dropped this. STEP does not recommend changing uGrids from its default value (5)! We only recommend our INI tweaks and Dynamic Distant Objects LOD (DynDOLOD) to increase distant detail in the game.

We recommend you promptly remove this mod from your setups.

The major benefit of the mod was that you didn't have uGrids messing up your saves. You could change uGrids settings and load a save without worrying about ILS or crash on the initial load. Even if you didn't change the uGrid setting that bug existed in your saves, but I guess it's benign. 

I was wondering if it would be safe to remove the plugin mid play through or would it corrupt my save?

I changed my uGrids as recommended in this Z Fighting fix https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Z-Fighting#tab=What_is_your_fix_3F 

If I changed it back to default without the plugin would it also cause problems to my save?

I've been having problems with some terrain assets not loading correctly followed by freeze and CTD so think this plugin might be the issue... 

That Guide is old and I was unaware of it recommending to up your uGrids. I'll put it on my list of things to fix. I wouldn't remove it if you've upped your uGrids. Nothings should cause problems, but you just never can be certain on this game engine so leave it for now, but deactivate it for any future playthroughs.

Archived