This DLC-sized mod is fantastic for anyone who likes to explore and collect items in Skyrim.
From the Nexus description page:
Legacy of the Dragonborn (aka Dragonborn Gallery)
The Legacy of the Dragonborn is steeped in prophecy, myth, legend and history itself. Explore forgotten lore and uncover the lost relics of the 7 Dragonborn of the bygone eras of Tamriel. From those merely mentioned in title to those who wielded the power of the voice, many legendary and influential people held the title of “Dragonborn” and they all link to the lost covenant of Akatosh.
“Legacy of the Dragonborn” creates a sizeable addition to your Skyrim game by providing a fully featured museum in Solitude, and with the help of the curator Auryen Morellus, you can store, display and utilize your entire collection as you see fit, all the while being aided and guided by Auryen in between your adventures. Auryen acts as a quest hub for the numerous stages of the “Shattered Legacy” questline, and also offers a variety of rewards for filling the museum displays. Patrons will also tour your collection and provide donations on a regular basis which you can collect.
The Museum is also the birthplace of the "Explorer's Society" a new guild founded by Auryen and yourself with the aim to explore and discover lost
places, artifacts and history. Build the gallery from the ground up as the guild master, then recruit new members, each with their own unique back stories and special guild functions. Explore ruins and excavate relic fragments to re-assemble into artifacts to display in the museum. Set up a guild store with the quartermaster and much more to come.
- Over 1700 displays (when fully loaded with supported mods) for unique weapons, armor, items, quest related items, paintings, collectables, jewelry, and more!
- Over 100 exploration, questline and achievement displays to commemorate your vast achievements
- Several specialty displays commemorating the completion of major quest lines and benchmark accomplishments.
- A variety of custom paintings can be found and bought at merchants to enhance the museum as well.
- Displays for all doomstones and shrines which you have received blessings from
- which allow you to gain the blessing in the future at the display
- 5 full themed galleries including: “The Hall of Heroes” for all relics of
- historical or magical nature, “Hall of Lost Empires” with displays
pertaining to Dwemer, Falmer, and ancient nords, “Daedric Gallery” for
all daedric artifacts, the “Gallery of Natural science” where life sized
displays of Skyrim flora and fauna can be accumulated in beautiful
diorama displays, the hall of oddities where unique and interesting
items, collections and quest items are displayed
- Book set display cases which sorts set books by their set, includes amazing retextures from “Book covers Skyrim"
- Personal Armory with over 50 mannequins, dozens of weapon and shield racks,
- dagger cases, full displays for all vanilla weapons and armor types as
well as Thanedom banner displays for each of the holds and a hallway of
mannequins with one for each hold
- Automatic or manual display setup: Place and remove items manually on their
- designated display or simply utilize the preparation stations to display
displayable items which are currently not displayed, all removed from
your inventory, stored in the museum safe and placed on display.
- Book of relics outlining every single display item and exhibit in the museum!
- Curator's guide which outlines all the functions of the museum
- Basement store room with activators to manage certain displays encase of incompatibility issues
- Dozen of new artifacts from a variety of amazing Mod authors contributing to this project:
- -Bow of shadows
- -Mace of Aevar Stone-Singer
- -BiPolar Blade
- -Sword of Ancient Tongues
- -Hrothmund’s axe
- -Stendarr’s hammer
- -Fang of Haynekhtnamet
- -Cleaver of st Felms
- -Cyrus’ saber
- -Dagger of Symmachus
- -Jyggalag’s sword
- -Staff of Hasedoki
- -Daedric crescent
- -Sixth house bellhammer
- -Ice blade of the monarch
- -Moon and Star ring
- -Armor of Tiber Septim
- -Wulfharth’s treads
- -The Dragonmail Cuirass
- -Bloodworm helm
- -Amulet of kings
- -Shield of Reman Cyrodiil
- -Boots of Blinding speed
- -Helm of Tohan
- -Eleidon’s ward
- -Vampiric ring
- -Warlock’s ring
- -Mentor’s ring
- -Phynaster’s ring
- -Ring of Khajiit
- -Lord’s mail
- -Fists of Randagulf
- -Helm of Oreyn bearclaw
- -King Orgnum’s Coffer
- -Weatherward Circle
- -Jewel of Rumare
- -Ring of the Gray
- -Ring of Eidolon's edge
- -Black Band
- -Denstagmer's ring
- -Engraved ring of healing
- -Ring of Vipereye
- -Spear of the Snow Prince
- -Armor of Ysgramor
- -Staff of Indyris
- -Circlet of Omnipotence
- -Ring of Sunfire
- -Ring of the Wind
- -Ring of the Iron Fist
- -Aesliip's Ring
- -Ring of Surroundings
- -Daedric face of terror
- -Daedric face of inspiration
- -Ancient daedric lord armor
- -Hrormir's Icestaff
- -Wings of the queen of bats (coming soon)
- -Spear of bitter truth (coming soon)
- -Shadowrend (coming soon)
- -Crosier of st lothlis (coming soon)
- -Staff of worms (coming soon)
- -NerveShatter (coming soon)
- -Staff of Chaos (coming soon)
- -The bitter cup (coming soon)
- -Thrassian Plagueblade
Secret safehouse apartment features:
- Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Staff and Enchanting stations with full unique décor. Kitchen
- space with replenishing kegs and food storage, configurable kid/companion bedroom,
amazing sitting room with glass windows looking onto the streets of solitude with accessible balcony.
- Equipment auto sorter: Put all weapons, armor, jewelry and clutter into a special
- chest and it's sorted to beautiful display containers
- Crafting Auto-Loot and Store system: When you use a crafting station in the Safe House, all
- supplies in the corresponding containers are added to your inventory and
then put back when you are finished!
- Hidden Treasury room which depicts your vast wealth in increasing grandeur as your deposit gold into your ledger.
- Customizable supply Auto-sorter which automatically moves your chosen supplies to
- their appropriate containers, leaving any excluded ones in your
inventory. Sorted containers include: Soul gems, Gems, Ore and Ingots,
Ingredients, Potions, Leather and related supplies, food, and liquor.
- Special linked containers accessible from multiple locations throughout the
- museum and safehouse such as scroll stacks, liquor, and more
- Sell pile container cart (initialized by a quest) which will empty every 3
- days and deposit to a lock box, 30% of the value of the items
- Functional disenchanting font which removes enchantments from player made and unique items (not for use with generic enchanted items)
- 10 new dungeons tying into quest content
- Massive Sancre Tor worldspace and dungeon with a dark power lurking within
- Pale Pass world space including fully immersive ongoing battleground
- which will be expanded upon in future updates. Fort pale pass and its
underworks are also accessible.
- New explorer society guild!
- 2 full excavation quests of large dungeons and numerous other quests tied to the guild
- Transmutation forge which alters the appearance of weapons and armor to match chosen items!
- Moonpaths to Elsweyr fully integrated! Now the Moonpath's quest begins through a
- quest from the museum, which takes you to seek a lost relic, but you get
swept up in the events which unfold in Moonpaths!
- All content added or changed on vanilla resources is done through dynamic
- coding rather than editing the original base object, so changes happen
in game so should not interfere with other mods (exceptions listed
- Special "Fate Cards" available in random loot chests and enemies. 6 different sets of
- 13 cards each are scattered all over Skyrim with varying rarity. When
all 13 of a set is found, "equip" any card and they will all transform
into a single deck which provides a special bonus of some kind. Also
includes a card collector NPC who will trade random cards with you as
well as sell some other rare ones
- Massive numbers of collectibles found in world such as statues, rare and foreign coins, trinkets and more
Dynamic and customizable weapon models:
Certain weapons in the museum come equipped with a special customization plaque which allows you to change the appearance of the weapon based on which model replacement mods you have loaded. This will change the appearance of the weapon on display and the weapon itself when used. Merely load all weapon replacement mods such as Unique uniques, unique weapons remade, or unique shapes for unique weapons, and when you use the plaque you can max and match which model replacers you want to use. Like Aegisbane from Unique Uniques but Bolar's Oathblade from Unique Weapons Remade? No more need for a merge patch, simply click the plaque which appears when displaying the weapon and choose which model you want, it's as easy as that! (requires original mod to be installed, files loose, or BSA managed by NMM or MO (BSA management or loose files recommended with no ESP loaded for best results)
Player customizable Weapon displays:
When using a variety of weapon model replacers, legacy allows the displays to transform the weapon to match whatever individual model you choose. If you like one weapon remodel from one mod and another from another mod, you can have both without having to make a manual merge patch. Just install both mods or just their resource files and click on the nearby display plaque to designate which appearance it should take!
Transmutation forge: (spoiler)
At the end of the Ruins of Rkund excavation, you gain access to the transmutation forge which allows you to copy the appearance of one weapon or armor piece over the appearance of another similar weapon or armor. (has some limitations and glitches pertaining to helmets, so save prior to using)
These mods have been contributed by their original authors (credited below)
In their entirety, and therefore you do not need to run their mod as it
is included in Legacy! Remove them from your load order
and endorse their mod if you haven't because they've done a lot to help
make this mod what it is by contributing their work. The Object ID's of
course have changed so you will need to reacquire the items, and some
items have been reworked or quests added for them in this project
- Big Leather Backpack (by hideto84 with edits to recipe)
- Gemstone Collector (gemstones only version with edits for compatibility. See update notes)
- Book Covers Skyrim
- Book Covers Skyrim Lost Library
- Moonpaths to Elswyre
- Ysgramor's Armor
- Sea shells collection
- Insanity's Chrysamere
- PrivateEye's Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw
- PrivateEye's rings of old
- PrivateEye's Helm of Tohan
- PrivateEye's sixth house bellhammer
- PrivateEye's BiPolar Blade
- Ronnie Magnum's Legendary Rings V2.0
- Edhelsereg's Lord's Mail
- Painkiller97's Hrothmund's axe
- Nimezis Daedric Crescent
- Trainwiz's Visage of Mzund redone
- Saeralith's White Phial Replacer
- keizaalfeyn's Dawnfang
- MyBad's Shadow of the Underking
- Theycallmecheese's Ancient Shrouded Armor replacer
- Wulfharth's Fang of Haynekhtnamet
- engelman's rest dungeon
- windcaller past dungeon
- ogmund's tomb dungeon (as dragon's fall)
- More treasure maps
The ultimate mod for collectors. Due to the scope alone, obviously not a candidate for STEP Core or Extended. It would be phenomenal to see a pack made around this, though!
There has been some talk of a STEP pack on the Nexus page, and quite a bit of interest. Legacy's author icecreamassassin has also mentioned there is a substantial update for Legacy of the Dragonborn on the way shortly (v14.12), with quite a few changes, so it would only make sense to wait for this update if anyone is thinking of contributing to a Legacy pack for STEP.
A couple people reported on the Nexus page running STEP Core with Legacy, and only some of the museum edits had to be forwarded. However, I have no idea what it would be like to use STEP Extended as a base (minus any conflicting mods), which is what I would love to do.
Anyway, if you are a completionist, or you just enjoy exploring and collecting, check this mod out!
Edit: Also, Legacy of the Dragonborn is supported by DynDOLOD out of the box, according to the DynDOLOD compatibility list. Custom rules are automatically generated at launch.
Edited by Nebulous112, 21 December 2015 - 06:28 PM.