migidarra

Question

During the process of installing all of my stuff, I read this for DynDOLOD

Requirements

1. Latest version of DynDOLOD.
  2. TES5Edit
  3. PapyrusUtil-Modders Scripting Utility Functions
  4. STEP Texture Compilation
  5. Setup TES5Edit with "-o:" argument. Instructions are here.
  6. Be sure the following line is in your Skyrim.ini or DynDOLOD will not fully process

On step five it says to setup TES5edit with "-o:" argument...so i reconfigured it to have that as the argument...later on it tells me this

Generate LODs 40px-Info-Logo.png Notice: These instructions assume that the user has properly configured all mods to this point and is ready to generate LOD. 1. Ensure DynDOLOD.esp is the last plugin in your load order. 2. Run TES5Edit through Mod Organizer. 3. Click [OK] on the Master/Plugin Selection window. 4. Wait for "Background Loader: Finished" to be displayed at the bottom of the messages tab. 5. Right-click on DynDOLOD.esp in the left pane and select Apply Script. 6. In the drop-down box, choose DynDOLOD TexGen and click [OK].

20px-Info-Logo.png      Notice:TexGen requires both Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC. If you do not have both these DLCs, skip to step 12 below.

7. Wait for the script to run, and close TES5Edit when finished. 8. Delete the contents of the Overwrite folder. 9. Navigate to the output folder (e.g., "C:\TES5LODGenOutput" from the TES5Edit setup), right click the textures directory to invoke 7zip --> Add to "textures.7z (alternatively, create an archive of the "textures" directory using some other means, but remember: the archive should contain a "textures" directory at it's top level).  

So it just told me to delete the contents of the Overwrite folder, then to navigate to a folder that doesn't exist because I setup the argument for this specific step. APparently i've done goofed and would like to know if and where the output went to as  I can't find it....thanks for any help

Edited by migidarra

3 answers to this question

If you setup TES5EDIT with this argument:

-o:"C:\TES5LODGenOutput"
Then the location for the output of the DynDOLOD TexGen script will be that folder:

C:\TES5LODGenOutput
You could substitute that location in the argument for any other valid location outside of the Skyrim directory and it would still work. Just make sure it is a new folder.

The files that end up in overwrite are not the TexGen script-generated files. They are temporary files created by DynDOLOD during the process.

The TexGen script-generated files will be wherever you setup the TES5Edit argument for.

Also, when you later run the DynDOLOD Worlds script, the folder that output will be generated to is the one you choose in the pop-up window. It has no bearing on the previous TES5Edit argument location, and in fact needs to be a different new folder.

Edited by Nebulous112

Hey after that debacle, I've come across an interesting problem. When I created my bashed patch on the previous steps, It has moved my Update.esm, Hearthfire.esm, Dragonborn.esm, Dawnguard.esm. It didn't copy it, it moved it, so when I had gotten to that step that told me to delete the overwrite folder contents, I deleted those core items, which I basically re-installed everything from scratch. So now im back to the bashed patch step, just finished building my bashed step and all of those files are located inside my Overwrite folder, as well as TESVEdit Backups and Docs....any help would be most appreciated. ANd thank you for the help

Those files will only be moved during the cleaning process using xEdit, and only then on some occasions. Using Wrye Bash will have NO IMPACT on the DLCs. Unless of course you use the term "bashed patch" when you were actually doing a "merged patch", in that case the same issue applies as when cleaning them, although you should uncheck ANY files presented to you in the "save dialogue" except the file that you are creating during that process.