Weather Fixes by --JawZ--

JawZ

This is a mod that does not try to overhaul the exterior visuals.

It only alters certain values to reduce "eye-sore" visual objects/effects

like radioactive lod meshes affected by the Ambient setting, bushes,

small rocks and LOD trees.

It will also make it easier for ENBSeries users as certain values have been normalized where it

didn't really make sense, to me, to have different values applied. Sun and Sun Glare for instance,

Direct Lighting, Moon glare, Stars.

Adaptation was also changed, still there but not a noticeable change between various lighting conditions,

unless you move around like you where playing Counter-Strike.

If it where to be turned off completely certain effects would cease to function, one of them being the Night Eye effect.

Currently not Legendary content as I don't know if this would actually be used. I made it with STEP in mind because STEP doesn't have any weather alteration mod, weather effect additions yes, original weather alteration no.

And this is also why the download is from my own Mediafire account rather than from Nexus.

Detailed lists of changes

Imagespaces (for all weathers)

• HDR: Eye Adapt Speed - 100.0
  • HDR: Sunlight Scale - 1.0 (Clear & Cloudy Days have 1.8)
  • HDR: Eye Adapt Strength - 1.0
Clear, Cloudy, WorldMap and HelgenAttack Weathers;
  • Cloud Layers: Layer #28 - applied Horizon RGB value
  • Cloud Layers: All - Alpha - 1.0
  • Weather Colors: Ambient - applied grey-scale RGB value
  • Weather Colors: Sunlight - normalized values
  • Weather Colors: Sun - normalized values (added to Fog, Rain and Snow that didn't have it, very nice visuals with ENB Sun Rays)
  • Weather Colors: Stars - normalized values (Applied them to Sunrise and Sunset as well, slight increase at those times)
  • Weather Colors: Effect Lighting - applied Middle Sky Green value to Effect Lighting RGB value
  • Weather Colors: Water Multiplier - applied Middle Sky RGB value
  • Weather Colors: Sun Glare - normalized values
  • Weather Colors: Moon Glare - normalized values (grey-scale, because the diffuse texture is colored and not grey-scale)
  • Directional Ambient Lighting: X-+, Y-+ - applied grey-scale RGB value (~8% larger/higher value than Weather Colors: Ambient)
Fog, StormSnow and Rain Weathers;
  • Cloud Layers: All - Alpha - 1.0
  • Weather Colors: Ambient - applied grey-scale RGB value
  • Weather Colors: Sun - normalized values (added to Fog, Rain and Snow that didn't have it, very nice visuals with ENB Sun Rays)
  • Weather Colors: Stars - normalized values (Applied them to Sunrise and Sunset as well, slight increase at those times)
  • Weather Colors: Moon Glare - normalized values (grey-scale, because the diffuse texture is colored and not grey-scale)
  • Directional Ambient Lighting: X-+, Y-+ - applied grey-scale RGB value (~8% larger/higher value than Weather Colors: Ambient)
Special Weathers;

(DA02, MQ206, Sovngarde, BluePalaceFog)

• Cloud Layers: All - Alpha - 1.0
  • Weather Colors: Ambient - applied grey-scale RGB value
  • Directional Ambient Lighting: X-+, Y-+ - applied grey-scale RGB value (~8% larger/higher value than Weather Colors: Ambient)
Night Eye;

(Current, Intro and Outro Imagespace Modifiers)

• Tint Color: All - 255, 255, 255, 0 (In other words = Off)
  • Fade Color: All - 255, 255, 255, 0 (In other words = Off)
  • Radial Blur Strength - 1.0
  • Radial Blur Start - 0.45
  • HDR: Eye Adapt Speed Add - 100
  • HDR: Bloom Blur Radius Add - 0.0 (overrides current imagespace values)
  • HDR: Bloom Blur Scale Add - 0.0 (overrides current imagespace values)
  • HDR: Target Lum Min Add - 0.0 (overrides current imagespace values)
  • HDR: Target Lum Max Add - 20.0
  • HDR: Sky Scale Add - 0.0 (overrides current imagespace values)
  • HDR: Others - uses current imagespace values instead
  • Cinematic: Saturation Add - 0.75
  • Cinematic: Brightness Add - 2.0
  • Cinematic: Contrast Add - 1.2
  • Cinematic: X Mult 0.0 (overrides current imagespace values)
Some preview images of the changes

(Will add images later on)

Overall comparison: Vanilla, Weather Fixes

Ambient Lighting changes: Vanilla, Weather Fixes

Sun addition: Vanilla, Weather Fixes

Water Multiplier: VanillaWeather Fixes

Moon Glare: VanillaWeather Fixes

Vivid Clouds and Fog compatibility

There are no conflict between them that would remove any new features introduced by Vivid Clouds. Only alterations to the visual aspects such as Sun, Sun Glare, Ambient etc.

STEPWthrFixes.esp should be loaded after Vivid Clouds esp file/files and, optionally, forward the changes you like from those esp files into STEPWthrFixes.esp.

If the STEP team finds this useful notify me of that and I'll do a Legendary version of this and send it your way with permission to include it in to the STEP compilation, or just having it hosted on your own site of choosing.

DOWNLOAD

TES5EDIT SCRIPTS

Apply Boris weather corrections for Skylighting effect - Download

Other Weather Fixes related downloads

Reduced sky gradient banding

Adjust textures affected by Ambient RGB value

Sun and Sunglare textures (These and vanilla textures was used during testing of STEPWthrFixes.esp. sun.dds almost identical but without artifacts or noise, sunglare.dds more tame with few light rays)

Edited by JawZ
  • +1 1

JAWZ strikes back... or again! Either way I picture a shark and the imperial march soundtrack! 

That aside.. looks interresting. Gotta have to take a look at that in more detail to really get the feel for it. 

from my quick overview it looks like you have gone for the more natural feel with the color template used by the game. Might look good. 

One initial worry I have is your changes to the night eye bloom values.... as I recall some of those are actually used by certain effects, and events in game. Mainly the shouts and such... if I recall correctly anyways. Dunno if you already checked that

Hehehe :)

Visuals aren't that "black & white" in comparison but that's not what this is for. A extremely lite version ELEWL if you will.

Haven't really aimed for any particular new mood for the visuals, just gone with what is needed and what isn't needed, like having a color tint for Ambient that affects the Tree LOD and what not, is in my eyes redundant.

And I was going to go with a Directional Ambient XY+- RGB value where I used the normalized value of the vanilla games Green color value, Green is the strongest RGB color after all, but it took forever. So instead I normalized those values per type of weather instead and subtracted ~8% for the Ambient value instead of equal value as the Dir Ambient XY+- value.

You might want to check your Tree LOD diffuse texture intensity, grass and rocks are ok while the trees got a slight increase in intensity, not much but noticeable. Going to include my various texture and mesh fixes into this mod, if it gets any attention and is seen as worth having and/or adding.

Effects affected by the changes are;

NightEyeImod

VampireChangeEffect

MGRitual02Effect

NightEyeEffect

NightEyeImodIntro

MGRAppBSpell01Effect

VampireChangeEffect

MGRitual02Effect

NightEyeEffect

NightEyeImodOutro

MGRAppBSpell01Effect

VampireChangeEffect

MGRitual02Effect

NightEyeEffect

Will have a look and see how they are handling the new changes in-game.

Edited by JawZ

Looks interesting. I'm testing a lot of mods that will have some sweeping changes and have decided to do these one at a time, instead of all at once like I have them set up currently. Particularly I'm testing Vivid Clouds and Fogs with the Extended Fogs and Windy Clouds plugin and True Storms. These two alone where fun to patch up, but I'll add this one in for testing as well.

Really good timing, I was already bored with the old "make everything bright and colorfull" weathers. I was using a new weather mod from nexus, but it does have problems you mention here (sun glare) which make for a dificult ENB tweaking.

Wil try this one as soon as I hit home!

Edited by Agnusthemagi

TechAngel85

Good thing I decided to upate the header with Vivid compatability info then, I saw your post after I updated it.

I just compared the AllInOne Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp file from the Vivid Clouds and Fogs v2.6 - Vanilla

I find that for initial testing on the changes a mod does to the game it's better to load it into my "empty" Skyrim folder using NMM or manual extraction. If it passes the initial stand-alone test I move on to include it into the STEP mod compilation via Mod Organizer and see if there are any hiccups between mods that needs some special attention.

Agnusthemagi

The only problem still left with sun and Sun Glare is the textures themselves and the Sky, the sky will still make the Sun and Sun Glare to appear with different intensities, because the background/sky is brighter or darker between various weather types. But the Sun and Sun Glare own RGB value are the same, between the same weather types.

But if you are an ENBSeries user I recommend using Procedural Sun and Sun Rays instead of Sun Corona/Sun Glare. But if you do wish to use Sun Glare I recommend using ENB Sun Glare with this enbsunsprite.fx shader the EYE version.

These are the current Sun values for all weathers that has the Sun, might change in future revisions making the Sun less intense in Fog, Rain and StormSnow weathers.

Sunrise: 33, 19, 10

Day: 79, 72, 66

Sunset: 33, 16, 8

Night: 0,0,0

Edited by JawZ

From the little I've seen, this is exactly what we were missing! The colors look way better, and using only very simple ENB (ELEP performance preset) with detailed shadows,  image based lighting and procedural sun it already looks like another game!

We might need a new rain texture at least, will try one of the classic ones from nexus today.

Edited by Agnusthemagi

Using the combination I stated above (ELEP performance, with detailed shadows, deactivated image based lighting - For lighting mod using STEP Relighting Skrim + ELE.), turns out nights are real life dark I would say, not pitch black. So I have to use torches, however, vanilla colored torches are too dim and white colored.

Think that wont have a fix other than a plugin altering torch color and radius, right? I tried playing with point light intensity and radius in ENBseries but to make torches iluminate more and be more fire colored turns other fires such as braziers into BRLD (big red lights of doom).

The NNAM - Visual Effect "Volumetric Fog Activator", if memory serves, is the only required forward to get that feature. As well as the Data - Data records.

Cloud speed is optional, doesn't remove or alter a added feature in any harmful way. Only makes the clouds move at a faster or slower pace. "set timescale to X" for clouds only more or less.

Optional Records;

Cloud Speed

Fog Distance

Cloud Colors

Weather Colors

Directional Ambient Lighting Colors

Edited by JawZ

Precisely.

Alterations done to the Parent Light bulbs (not actual cell placed light bulbs, just menu light bulbs) can be made into a seperate .esp file if you want. To be used as a preset of sorts for various lighting mods or combinations of lighting feature addition mods, Lanterns of Skyrim for instance.

You should not alter the Fade value! Only viable for RS v4.1. Why? because it will add the changed value on top of the cell altered and current value, and that goes for all cell placed light bulbs of that particular light bulb type.

Initial Parent LB Fade value: 2.0

Initial Cell placed LB Fade value: 2.2, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5

Altered Parent LB Fade value: 3.0

Altered Cell placed LB Fade value: 3.2, 2.0, 2.2, 2.5

So a altered Fade value can really screw up lighting intensity values for vanilla games or other light bulb mods in various locations throughout the game.

Other Parent light bulb values are fine to mess with.

You can combine it into RS, ELE or STEP - Compilation.

RS 4.1 will be using a specific type of vanilla light bulb for each particular type of light in the game. To make it easier to create visual presets that alters colors, light movement characteristics and Fade value.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently testing this out. Looking freat so far.

I've found a fix for the overcastsnow weather (4d7fb) that might apply to other weather as well.

Issue : The fog-near distance of 1000 is too visible, making a clear line that move with the player (essentially because shadow look very different when they're in the "fog near" or i the "fog far").

Setting day-near and night-near value both to 100.0 instead of vanilla 1000.0 remove this awful effect to give a uniform snowstorm atmosphere.

Here are two comparisons screenshots :

eUOcbMx.jpg

NtpfbiP.jpg

As you can see on the top of the first screenshot, there is a clear delimitation between fog/nofog, and this move with the player, making it feel like everything "pop-in" when you move.

Now with the shortened distance, this look brighter. This is actually look far better in 1st person (you really feel like you're in a snowstorm, not about to enter one, though as you can see in the screenshot, it's a bit "too clear" in 3rd person (this is really exaggerated because I had the camera really far from the player. It's not that weird in "normal" 3rd person camera).

Might be adjusted by darkening the fog color a bit maybe ?

Shadow look a bit missing on flora with this also. I prefer this over the "fog that move", but might not be everyone's taste.

Edit :

1st person screenshots. As you can see "you're in the storm", and not "about to enter the storm" :

CgM1rzl.jpg

oejyMGV.jpg

But the "missing" shadows and clearer atmosphere doesn't look allright for this time of day (19:30 or so, should be rather dark).

Edit 2 :

With some color adjustment to near-fog color, screenshot at 1am (just reduced the brightness of fornear color to 0.75 of their original) :

0edPpUL.jpg

Hv5s7Zi.jpg

This make the mountains in the distance a bit more visible and darker sadly, slightly reducing the "you're in the middle of a snowstorm and can't see at distance" effect I'd like to see. I'll toy a bit with fogfar distance and colors to see if I can give a more realistic feel to snowstorm.

Edit 3 :

Reduced fog-far and brightened by 20% :

Sa6vOrI.jpg

It's starting to look good. Deeper darkness should be achieved by enb imho, darkening weather colors too much could lead to dim lights (I'm looking at you CoT !)

Here is the plugin wih the changes seen in edit3 : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9AF6ED0341A393BD!37422&authkey=!AGsS_15xGE2-AFI&ithint=file%2cesp

Edited by Kesta