Northfire's Skidmarks 1K-2K (by SgtPetterzon)

EssArrBee

I think it's more amazing that, apparently, someones mind DIDN'T go there... apparently, we haven't corrupted everyone yet. (yells to minions: "Get the mind control beams ready, boys!")

Sure looks good in the screens provided, though I don't need the footprints part. I'll get this in and see what happens.

Edited by Shadriss

• 1 month later...

Well, it still doesn't really match the terrain textures, but it does look better. As I thought, this mod really needs to add compatibility for other overhaul textures. It might not be too hard to do it ourselves with better matching textures, if all this mod does is update the textures and isn't modifying any meshes.

Compatibility? For real? Why should it match terrain texture in the first place? Dragon is what, roughly the size of a big truck, and similar weight maybe? When that lands, how deep do you think it ploughs? The soil on the ground does not necessarily look the same as that 20-30cm underneath.

I suggest to stop overthinking it :P

Edited by Octopuss

Hmmm. The problem is that the texture will be the same no matter the soil, and the vanilla one doesn't even fit in, so that is merely a matter of where this occurs. I actually think this texture fits in better, since vanilla has an unnaturally brightened look to it. And this one is higher resolution.