Dragon Rising quest not starting (followed STEP 2.2.9.2 instructions)

Max17

Question

Hi there, this is my first time posting here but not my first time having problems xD Usually I do find a workaround but this time I don't really know how to make it work. I made a clean install of Skyrim and i followed everything that was written in the 2.2.9.2 STEP page: i installed all the "core" mods and almost all the extended ones. I used LOOT, made a bashed patch, everything that was written in the guide. Despite doing exactly as written there, i got this frustrating bug... I can't get the "Dragon Rising" quest to show up. It was supposed to show after the "Bleak Falls Barrow" quest but as soon as i give Farengar the "Dragon stone" nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? What happened? Has someone got into the same problem? Thanks for your time and your help!

PS I'm using the Mod Organizer manager.

9 answers to this question

Omg i'm such an idiot xD But i'm so relieved! I think i have to better read what i'm going to install the next time... At least i am glad that this question helped me as well as someone else! hahahaha . Anyway, thanks really a lot for your fast answer, you saved me ! 

Edited by Max17

I think it's getting to the point we should add an MCM section to the guide after the LOOT Meta Rules, so people can see some of the stuff going on in the mods they might not even know about. 

I agree. We've needed to do that for a while. Just need to finish up that topic you started about the MCMs.

I think it's getting to the point we should add an MCM section to the guide after the LOOT Meta Rules, so people can see some of the stuff going on in the mods they might not even know about. 

That would be a nice add, though it was just my fault. I should have read what I was going to install xD Anyway thanks again and sorry for my question!