Realistic Water Two - Reflection Glitch

Pheyne

Question

Hello,

having some problems with water reflections. I have narrowed down the problem and found out, it is being caused by Realistic Water Two. I have tried reinstalling the mod but didn't help. It probably isn't caused by other mod(s) either as it was present even when I loaded just the essentials and RWT.
Without the mod, everything seems fine.

4S8tYFg.jpgJP81Oqq.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/LOX3O

Here are two screenshots, first one with RWT, second one without it. The glitch can be seen roughly in the middle of the screen, slightly to the left, just by the other shore. Along the edge, wheter the water starts, it is not reflecting properly. The only interesting thing active in the second screenshot is ProjectENB but even if I disable the effects with Shift + F12, the glitch there.

Also, whats up with DynDOLOD messing with those rocks on the other side in the first picture? :confused:

Edit: after installing Pure Waters the glitch happens as well, so it is not RWT specific. However, with vanilla water everything is fine.

Edited by TechAngel85

11 answers to this question

Yes, you probably won't see it on your phone. It's not just that spot, it happens almost everywhere around the eges. It looks kind of pixelated (especially when I set the iWaterReflecHeight/Width to 2K). It's definitely not 'aligned' with the rest of the reflexions farther away from the edge.
Here, this might be better ilustration...

Does that happen to everyone with with RWT or other water mods? Is this normal behaviour and why is it not happening to the vanilla water?

- sorry for the double.. accident :/

Edited by Pheyne

I'm thinking some users are expecting too much out of this old game when I see things like this. It's what...4yrs old now? Not to mention that Bethesda is usually a year or two...or three...behind the main industry in design, features, effects, etc. when they do their releases. The game isn't going to be perfect and it's not meant to be. Most of the small issues are never noticed during actual use of the game (aka. roleplaying you character through the storyline and side quests).

umm, the reflections are the same in Fallout4, I think they the same as Oblivion, just a bit higher res.

Pretty much all around, they are basic.

I wonder if it is possible for ENB to redo those reflections so that they are more accurate and do not discriminate most objects

I completely understand that TechAngel and I am most certainly not expecting the game to be perfect. It was just one thing that caught my eye and I wanted to know if it was the game's fault or if there was a mistake in my settings. Especially because the vanilla reflections looked fine.

Edited by Pheyne