How in Nirn do I get rid of these ****ing kill cams?!?1/1?eleven!

I was going to try and use mods, but the ones I need don't work for 1.8.

I've tried the [VATS] Skyrim.ini tweak, but it's not working.

All I want to do is simply get rid of these mother ****ing immersion breaking kill cams for magic and archery.

Does anyone know how to effectively get rid of this crap? I swear, I'm half tempted to offer Bethesda $1000 just to give us an option to be rid of this stupid crap.

Here's the ini tweak I tried that did not work:

[VATS]

uVATSRangedPercentSneak=0

uVATSRangedPercentGlobal=0

bVATSIgnoreProjectileTest=0

bVATSForceRanged=0

All right, gonna try that one. Thanks. :D

I wish the Nexus' search wasn't so funky. Missed that mod by a space. XD

Yeah, it really is pretty terrible.  I don't know why every website doesn't just embed a custom Google search, they even let you skin the results to match your site and remove ads/Google logos.

(So says I while we have the forum's default search tool :P)

All right, gonna try that one. Thanks. :D

I wish the Nexus' search wasn't so funky. Missed that mod by a space. XD

Yeah, it really is pretty terrible.  I don't know why every website doesn't just embed a custom Google search, they even let you skin the results to match your site and remove ads/Google logos.

(So says I while we have the forum's default search tool :P)

On that note, that very thing would help the site. It is very difficult to find things on the forums. 

Google changed things for the custom search engine. Free use requires adsense (so there will be ads), otherwise it's $100/year to remove them.

We definitely like being ad free, but as long as folks don't mind the ads for a forum wide search via Google, I can add that in.

Sucks that they changed it, I wonder what kind of ads we'd get anyways (not that I have to deal with them; yay Adblock!).  The current search tool is a little lacking, if it's not too much trouble to set up (at least for trial purposes at the moment) it might be worth seeing if Google can do better.

Knowing how adsense works, we'd probably end up having Google as a new "member" of the community, recommending us mods. XFD

I swear Google will be Skynet. People thought Sarah Conner was crazy and you see what happened? Yeah, exactly.

<_<

>_>

Yeah, some people don't like being tracked, and I'm one of them. Which is why I use a script blocker and cookie manager so I can choose what gets allowed through. Also have a flash cookie wiper, as companies started getting smart to the cookie blockers and used flash to store information. By default it allows for more storage than cookies, and they never expire.

But, it is a double edged sword. Without adsense, a lot of what Google provides for free would not be so.

Google changed things for the custom search engine. Free use requires adsense (so there will be ads), otherwise it's $100/year to remove them.

We definitely like being ad free, but as long as folks don't mind the ads for a forum wide search via Google, I can add that in.

Sucks that they changed it, I wonder what kind of ads we'd get anyways (not that I have to deal with them; yay Adblock!).  The current search tool is a little lacking, if it's not too much trouble to set up (at least for trial purposes at the moment) it might be worth seeing if Google can do better.
I second the vote for a Google search locally (and I use DNT+ ... works nicely) ... ours is pretty bad :sick:

I second the vote for a Google search locally (and I use DNT+ ... works nicely) ... ours is pretty bad :sick:
I highly recommend checking out Ghostery. It has been proven to block far more than DNT+, and IMO it's a lot easier to allow things when you really do want to (if you want to). The only gotcha is that by default it doesn't block anything, so you have to go into settings and select everything (very convenient Select All button).

It also cleans up Flash and Silverlight cookies.

I use the kill moves mod:

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10291

And just force all my killmoves to be in first person using the mod. You can disable VATS in you ini which gets rid of slow motion kill moves, so nearly every kill move happens in real time and in first person. There is another mod on the nexus somewhere that disables kill moves for ranged weapons, which I think gives the best of all worlds. It fun to cut off heads, but it not fun when it forced in third person and it happens like a scene out of the matrix. My personal preference anyway.