Extending S.T.E.P.: Extended - ENB and More

Pheyne

Question

I have finished installing S.T.E.P.: Extended. It is now complete exactly according to the guide provided by S.T.E.P. The game runs perfectly without any issues.
However, I would now like to continue with some more modding and I've run into some things I am not sure about. I want everything to work as intented so I decided to ask for some advice from the experienced modders :cool:

I'll start with the S.T.E.P. Compilation. I do not know what are all the things this mod pack does, apart from installing all the listed mods in the description, and thus want make some things clear. S.T.E.P., in the 2-D section, contains these two lightning mods: Enhanced Lightning for ENB - Lite (Interior Lighning) and Relighting Skyrim (No JIT) in this load order - RS is loaded after ELE. Now one thing I definitely want is good ENB preset. I have my favourite ones and as far as compatibility goes, they both say the same:

All ENB presets are compatible with ELFX (interiors only), Relighting Skyrim, and More Dynamic Shadows. ELE - Interion Lightning is optional, and presets are compatible. The ELE - Interior Lighting module(s) should be used in conjunction with ELFX (interiors only, without the enhancer), Relighting Skyrim, More Dynamic Shadows, and RLO (interiors only). Choose one, and load the ELE - Interior Lighting module(s) last in your load order!!!

We already have the second part sorted since we would be using ELE in conjunction with RS, but the load orded is different than in S.T.E.P.
Here, the two mods are swaped. My question is, how should I proceed.. Especially since both ELE and RS in S.T.E.P. contain the custom Meta Rules that specify their priority.

Another thing related to ENB... Before I install it, I would like to tweak my audiovisual side of the game a little bit more. The water mod used in S.T.E.P. is RWT. What would I need to do, if I wanted to replace this with W.A.T.E.R? Is it enought to just uninstall RWT, install W.A.T.E.R as a part of The Ruffled Feather mod and then just put it at the RWT spot in the load order? Also, The Ruffled Feather is already installed as a part of S.T.E.P with the custom install option "Install for S.T.E.P." which doesn't include W.A.T.E.R. Would installing it with W.A.T.E.R. mess with S.T.E.P. Compilation or anything else included?

How about waterfalls now? I'd like to go with Pure Waters - Waterfalls but they are not compatible with SkyMills and SkyFalls. But, from what I understand, I should be pretty much safe to disable SkyMills and SkyFalls since I've got DynDOLOD installed which does all its job for it, right? (Apart from the windmill sails, which are no big deal.)

The same thing with weather systems... I want CoT 3.1, Supreme Storms, CoT Weather Patch and True Storms.
Where do I place them in the load order and are there any other specific instructions to get all of this working properly together? (Wonders of Weather shouldn't interfere, should it?)

Next I have a general question.. If I install a mod that has no conflicts, should I worry at all about it's placements or is it then completely arbitrary? Same applies to mods that have intended conflicts. Let's say I now want to install Immersive Animations. This mod needs to be placed before XP32 Maximum Skeleton, other than that it should not conflict with anything in S.T.E.P. Do I just place it before XPMS and done? Providing I sort all the plugins with LOOT and run the Dual Sheat Redux patch afterwards of course...

I will list all the extra mods I would like to use alongside complete S.T.E.P. here. I will be greatfull for all the tips. Whether is is where to put these mods, if some require special attention or if something seems seems like a bad idea to even begin with :)

CoT 3.1

Supreme Storms
CoT Weather Patch
True Storms
Natural Grass Texture Floor
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin

W.A.T.E.R

Pure Waters - Waterfalls

Lorkhans Vision - Night Sky V2
Moon Glow
Mornig Fogs Refined
Real_Snow_Flakes
Skygazer - Constellation HD 2K
SNOW

DYNAVISION
Better Fast Travel - Carruages and Ships - Overhauled
Fast Travel Timescale Fix
Dungeon Quest Awareness

YOT - Your Own Thoughts
Same Walk and Run Speed
No More Glowing Edges Mod
VioLens
Animations

Immersive Animations
Run Sprint and Jump

Badass Dual Wielding

Better Torches
Fences of Skyrim

Immersive Fallen Trees

Cloaks of Skyrim

Winter is Coming - Cloaks
Immersive Creatures (is it safe to reinstall Enhanced Blood Textures with IC compatibility?)
Immersive Weapons
Immersive Armors
aMidianBorn Textures for Immersive Armors
Left Hand Rings
Skyrim Immersive Creatures
Deadly Dragons
Immersive Roads
RUGNAROK
High Definition Ivy

Can I for example reinstall Dual Sheat Redux with the sword on back option so I can use it with Dual Wielding? In S.T.E.P. guide, it is without it.
Would I need to reinstall DynDOLOD after installing any of these mods? And what about S.T.E.P. Compilation, I should probably reinstall that at the end as well, shouldn't I?

Thank you all.

I've moved this to the General area as this has moved past a discussion of how MO is used with the STEP guide.

Edited by Pheyne

Got it. Also, in the opening Plugin Selection window after choosing SkyrimProfile in Plugin Merge Standalone, is there some correct way what plugins to load? Is it enough to select all the ones you want to merge and then check all the required ones (bright red ones) so the window lets you click OK? Or should I check the dark reds as well?

Okey. So just to be clear, using the example from before. First I'll merge the following mods.

Then I will place the Climates of Tamriel Merged at the end of Weather Section and disable Climates of Tamriel and Lightning During Thunder Storms mods. I will manually move the ClimatesOfTamriel.esp into the merged mod (since its not included in the original merge) and activate it. Done?

Okey. So just to be clear, using the example from before. First I'll merge the following mods.

Then I will place the Climates of Tamriel Merged at the end of Weather Section and disable Climates of Tamriel and Lightning During Thunder Storms mods. I will manually move the ClimatesOfTamriel.esp into the merged mod (since its not included in the original merge) and activate it. Done?
If you mean ClimatesOfTamriel.esm then that is it, yes. I assume you mean to disable the Cot patch for minty not minty itself. :)

I'm not at home to verify but from my memory that is it.

One more, hopefully last, thing. Regarding the conlflicts resolutions.. I think I now what I need to do, but better safe than sorry so here we go. I'll use the first conflict from the guiide...

Armor

0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp.

Problem Resolved: Changes from Clothing and Clutter Fixes and RS Children Overhaul needed to be merged.

Now what I do is look up 0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild in the left pane under Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp. Right click it (still in the left pane) and select "Copy as Override to" and put it inside SR Conflict Resolution.esp. Then I look in the right pane and in the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp column I find the RNAM - Race. I'll drag this to the right, into the SR Conflict Resolution. esp and I can move onto the next conflict. Anything wrong with this or something I should now?

post-8649-0-32919600-1453159128_thumb.png

Edited by Pheyne

One more, hopefully last, thing. Regarding the conlflicts resolutions.. I think I now what I need to do, but better safe than sorry so here we go. I'll use the first conflict from the guiide...

Armor

0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp.

Problem Resolved: Changes from Clothing and Clutter Fixes and RS Children Overhaul needed to be merged.

Now what I do is look up 0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild in the left pane under Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp. Right click it (still in the left pane) and select "Copy as Override to" and put it inside SR Conflict Resolution.esp. Then I look in the right pane and in the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp column I find the RNAM - Race. I'll drag this to the right, into the SR Conflict Resolution. esp and I can move onto the next conflict. Anything wrong with this or something I should now?

That sounds correct to me. :)

I would get in the habit of searching for the formid rather than searching under a specific plugin. You can do the Copy as Override into by clicking the column.

Conflict Resolution: Use record from aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp then change the Female World Model > Alternate Texture > 3D Name to "SteelArmor" and the 3D Index to "0".
Problem Resolved: Error in the aMidianBorn Content Add-on plugin prevented display of the female steel armor with white fur texture.

Here I don't move anything in the right pane, only change names/values, yes? It's not implied that you always move it into the SR Conflict Resolution.esp at the end, is it?

Also when I am exiting TES5Edit and it asks me to save other plugins along with SR Conflict Resolution.esp, should I?

Or here:

Block 0 > Sub-Block 5 > 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault
Conflict Resolution: Use record from ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp then move the DATA - Flags and XCCM - Sky/Weather from Region records from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp.

I do not have or want Falskaar/Wyrmstooth but I do havfe ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp and it does contain 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault. Is it still safe for me to proceed using the ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp instead? Here it shouldn't be a problem to just edit it, no? Since the name of the plugin is only different because of some installation option. Am I wrong? Should I be skipping anything Falskaar/Wyrmstooth related?

Edited by Pheyne

Conflict Resolution: Use record from aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp then change the Female World Model > Alternate Texture > 3D Name to "SteelArmor" and the 3D Index to "0".

Problem Resolved: Error in the aMidianBorn Content Add-on plugin prevented display of the female steel armor with white fur texture.

Here I don't move anything in the right pane, only change names/values, yes? It's not implied that you always move it into the SR Conflict Resolution.esp at the end, is it?

Also when I am exiting TES5Edit and it asks me to save other plugins along with SR Conflict Resolution.esp, should I?

Or here: Block 0 > Sub-Block 5 > 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault

Conflict Resolution: Use record from ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp then move the DATA - Flags and XCCM - Sky/Weather from Region records from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp.

I do not have or want Falskaar/Wyrmstooth but I do havfe ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp and it does contain 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault. Is it still safe for me to proceed using the ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp instead? Here it shouldn't be a problem to just edit it, no? Since the name of the plugin is only different because of some installation option. Am I wrong? Should I be skipping anything Falskaar/Wyrmstooth related?

I'll have to reply better at home... however if it ever asks you to save something that is NOT SR Conflict Resolution you did something wrong and you should say no.

For the AMB one, you copy as Override into SR CR then change the values. Never change the original plugins.

If you don't use Falskaar or Wrymstooth then yes, skip them. I don't know what your mod list is like. The CR page assumes you use full SRLE.

• +1 1

Oh I get it. So in this case I first take the XX00130A SteelCuirassAAWhite_AMB, copy it as override into SR CR in the left pane. Then I'll drag the Female World Model into SR CR in the right pane and change the values in the SR CR. Basically whatever edits I do, it is always in the SR CR column.

Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters > Temporary > 00036423

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Cutting Room Floor.esp.

Here I need to copy as overrite to just the 00036423 or do I need to do anything with the header (00071FFE)?

My mod list is full SR:LE minus Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Campfire, Frostfall, iNeed, Alternate Life Start and The Notice Board (obviously in various installers I never installed anything for those mods and skipped the patches for these mods) up to the Conflict Resolution section :)

Load orded https://textuploader.com/5zq68 if it was any use by a chance..

Edited by Pheyne

Just noticed one more thing, this is what you say at the end of Conflict Resolution:

Add Bash Tags
When leveled lists are fixed manually in the SR Conflict Resolution.esp these changes need to be retained in the Bashed Patch. This requires proper bash tags to be applied to the esp. Following the Bash Tagging Guide to add DELEV and RELEV tags to SR Conflict Resolution.esp.

The Bash Tagging Guide says this:

Run Wrye Bash. Select the mod file to be tagged. In the bottom right pane labeled "Bash Tags:", right click and apply the tags specified in the guide. Exit Wrye Bash.

Where exactly are the tags specified in the guide? Never noticed them anywhere.

Edited by Pheyne

Oh, for some reason I thought it was referrencing other plugins, not the SR Conflict Resolutin.esp..

Also two more things that are unclear in CR..

1)
When the description says only this:

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Dragonborn.esm.
Problem Resolved: DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC was not properly forwarded.

Should I just copy that to override or do I need to also drag the DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC to the SR CR in the right pane afterwards?

2)
Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters > Temporary > 00015F44
Conflict Resolution: Use record from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp then move the XLRL - Location and DATA - Position/Rotation records from Cutting Room Floor.esp.
Problem Resolved: Changes from Cutting Room Floor and Enhanced Lights and FX needed to be merged.

When I right click 00015F44 and try to copy as override to SR it gives me this error message:

"FormID [870098A] references a master which is not available in file [8C] SR Conflict Resolution.esp"

After closing the error and doing the same thing again it works just fine. I didn't save as I had no idea if that was supposed to happen.
Should I first copy the header (00071FFE) as override to and then do it again with 00015F44?

Edited by Pheyne

Oh, for some reason I thought it was referrencing other plugins, not the SR Conflict Resolutin.esp..

Also two more things that are unclear in CR..

1)

When the description says only this:

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Dragonborn.esm.

Problem Resolved: DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC was not properly forwarded.

Should I just copy that to override or do I need to also drag the DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC to the SR CR in the right pane afterwards?

2)

Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters > Temporary > 00015F44

Conflict Resolution: Use record from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp then move the XLRL - Location and DATA - Position/Rotation records from Cutting Room Floor.esp.

Problem Resolved: Changes from Cutting Room Floor and Enhanced Lights and FX needed to be merged.

When I right click 00015F44 and try to copy as override to SR it gives me this error message:

"FormID [870098A] references a master which is not available in file [8C] SR Conflict Resolution.esp"

After closing the error and doing the same thing again it works just fine. I didn't save as I had no idea if that was supposed to happen.

Should I first copy the header (00071FFE) as override to and then do it again with 00015F44?

For 1) Just copy to override.

For 2) I think its a TES5Edit bug. If it works the second time it should be fine. A quick way to tell is if the master has been added to the header of SR Conflict Resolution automatically.