Photo

Extending S.T.E.P.: Extended - ENB and More

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

I've recently started using Mod Plugin Standalone. Neovalen is using it in his SR:LE and this is the description what should one do after creating the merge: "Uncheck the source mods in the left pane of Mod Organizer as they are now included in the new mod folder. If there are other plugin files in those mods not included the merge they must be manually copied to the new merged mod."

Isn't that a little odd? Why would you uncheck the mods in the left pane? They often provide more than just the plugins, don't they? I can see why would you then wanted to manually move all the plugins not included in your merge inside but again, wouldn't it be just better to move all the plugins that are used in the new merge in the Optional ESPs in MO and deactivate them this way? Now you shouldn't have to manually transfer anything, no?
Also, is it necessary to load the new merge after all the mods it includes in the left pane? One example from SR:LE page is this:

Files to merge:

Left pane placement:The bottom of weather system is higher in mod orded than Lightning During Thunder Storms - CoT Patch which is furter down the line in the guide and as a result the merge would be loaded after CoT but before Lightning During Thunder Storms. Is that not a problem?
The answer is simple. All the mod assets (textures, scripts, meshes, etc) are copied into the new merge mod. Therefore the original mods are no longer required.

The only exception is ESM or ESP files that are not auto-copied from the base mods. Therefore if there is a plugin not included, such as the Cot esm, then it needs to be copied in to keep things together.

As far as the install order vs load order, it does not matter in this case as it's simply a plugin file.

#17 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

Got it. Also, in the opening Plugin Selection window after choosing SkyrimProfile in Plugin Merge Standalone, is there some correct way what plugins to load? Is it enough to select all the ones you want to merge and then check all the required ones (bright red ones) so the window lets you click OK? Or should I check the dark reds as well?

#18 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Personally I check them all, except for the two that are merged into the Bashed patch.

The files I want to merge I always put at the very bottom of the order.

#19 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Okey. So just to be clear, using the example from before. First I'll merge the following mods.

Then I will place the Climates of Tamriel Merged at the end of Weather Section and disable Climates of Tamriel and Lightning During Thunder Storms mods. I will manually move the ClimatesOfTamriel.esp into the merged mod (since its not included in the original merge) and activate it. Done?

#20 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

Okey. So just to be clear, using the example from before. First I'll merge the following mods.

Then I will place the Climates of Tamriel Merged at the end of Weather Section and disable Climates of Tamriel and Lightning During Thunder Storms mods. I will manually move the ClimatesOfTamriel.esp into the merged mod (since its not included in the original merge) and activate it. Done?
If you mean ClimatesOfTamriel.esm then that is it, yes. I assume you mean to disable the Cot patch for minty not minty itself. :)

I'm not at home to verify but from my memory that is it.

#21 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks;)

#22 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

One more, hopefully last, thing. Regarding the conlflicts resolutions.. I think I now what I need to do, but better safe than sorry so here we go. I'll use the first conflict from the guiide...

Armor

0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp.

Problem Resolved: Changes from Clothing and Clutter Fixes and RS Children Overhaul needed to be merged.

Now what I do is look up 0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild in the left pane under Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp. Right click it (still in the left pane) and select "Copy as Override to" and put it inside SR Conflict Resolution.esp. Then I look in the right pane and in the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp column I find the RNAM - Race. I'll drag this to the right, into the SR Conflict Resolution. esp and I can move onto the next conflict. Anything wrong with this or something I should now?

Attached Files

Edited by Pheyne, 18 January 2016 - 06:18 PM.

#23 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

One more, hopefully last, thing. Regarding the conlflicts resolutions.. I think I now what I need to do, but better safe than sorry so here we go. I'll use the first conflict from the guiide...

Armor
0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild
Conflict Resolution: Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp.
Problem Resolved: Changes from Clothing and Clutter Fixes and RS Children Overhaul needed to be merged.

Now what I do is look up 0403C819 DLC2SkaalClothesChild in the left pane under Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp. Right click it (still in the left pane) and select "Copy as Override to" and put it inside SR Conflict Resolution.esp. Then I look in the right pane and in the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp column I find the RNAM - Race. I'll drag this to the right, into the SR Conflict Resolution. esp and I can move onto the next conflict. Anything wrong with this or something I should now?

That sounds correct to me. :)

I would get in the habit of searching for the formid rather than searching under a specific plugin. You can do the Copy as Override into by clicking the column.

#24 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

Yes I actually do that, I said that just to indicate it is under that plugin. I attached an image to my last post just in case it wasn't quite clear what I wanted to say.

Edited by Pheyne, 18 January 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#25 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

Conflict Resolution: Use record from aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp then change the Female World Model > Alternate Texture > 3D Name to "SteelArmor" and the 3D Index to "0".
Problem Resolved: Error in the aMidianBorn Content Add-on plugin prevented display of the female steel armor with white fur texture.

Here I don't move anything in the right pane, only change names/values, yes? It's not implied that you always move it into the SR Conflict Resolution.esp at the end, is it?

Also when I am exiting TES5Edit and it asks me to save other plugins along with SR Conflict Resolution.esp, should I?

Or here:

Block 0 > Sub-Block 5 > 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault
Conflict Resolution: Use record from ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp then move the DATA - Flags and XCCM - Sky/Weather from Region records from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp.

I do not have or want Falskaar/Wyrmstooth but I do havfe ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp and it does contain 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault. Is it still safe for me to proceed using the ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp instead? Here it shouldn't be a problem to just edit it, no? Since the name of the plugin is only different because of some installation option. Am I wrong? Should I be skipping anything Falskaar/Wyrmstooth related?

Edited by Pheyne, 18 January 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#26 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

Conflict Resolution: Use record from aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp then change the Female World Model > Alternate Texture > 3D Name to "SteelArmor" and the 3D Index to "0".
Problem Resolved: Error in the aMidianBorn Content Add-on plugin prevented display of the female steel armor with white fur texture.

Here I don't move anything in the right pane, only change names/values, yes? It's not implied that you always move it into the SR Conflict Resolution.esp at the end, is it?

Also when I am exiting TES5Edit and it asks me to save other plugins along with SR Conflict Resolution.esp, should I?

Or here: Block 0 > Sub-Block 5 > 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault
Conflict Resolution: Use record from ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp then move the DATA - Flags and XCCM - Sky/Weather from Region records from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp.
I do not have or want Falskaar/Wyrmstooth but I do havfe ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp and it does contain 0003B696 RiftenEsbernsVault. Is it still safe for me to proceed using the ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp instead? Here it shouldn't be a problem to just edit it, no? Since the name of the plugin is only different because of some installation option. Am I wrong? Should I be skipping anything Falskaar/Wyrmstooth related?

I'll have to reply better at home... however if it ever asks you to save something that is NOT SR Conflict Resolution you did something wrong and you should say no.

For the AMB one, you copy as Override into SR CR then change the values. Never change the original plugins.

If you don't use Falskaar or Wrymstooth then yes, skip them. I don't know what your mod list is like. The CR page assumes you use full SRLE.

#27 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

Oh I get it. So in this case I first take the XX00130A SteelCuirassAAWhite_AMB, copy it as override into SR CR in the left pane. Then I'll drag the Female World Model into SR CR in the right pane and change the values in the SR CR. Basically whatever edits I do, it is always in the SR CR column.

Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters > Temporary > 00036423

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Cutting Room Floor.esp.

Here I need to copy as overrite to just the 00036423 or do I need to do anything with the header (00071FFE)?

My mod list is full SR:LE minus Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Campfire, Frostfall, iNeed, Alternate Life Start and The Notice Board (obviously in various installers I never installed anything for those mods and skipped the patches for these mods) up to the Conflict Resolution section :)

Load orded https://textuploader.com/5zq68 if it was any use by a chance..

Edited by Pheyne, 19 January 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#28 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

Just noticed one more thing, this is what you say at the end of Conflict Resolution:

Add Bash Tags
When leveled lists are fixed manually in the SR Conflict Resolution.esp these changes need to be retained in the Bashed Patch. This requires proper bash tags to be applied to the esp. Following the Bash Tagging Guide to add DELEV and RELEV tags to SR Conflict Resolution.esp.

The Bash Tagging Guide says this:

Run Wrye Bash. Select the mod file to be tagged. In the bottom right pane labeled "Bash Tags:", right click and apply the tags specified in the guide. Exit Wrye Bash.

Where exactly are the tags specified in the guide? Never noticed them anywhere.

Edited by Pheyne, 20 January 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#29 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

You just quoted them... DELEV and RELEV for SR Conflict Resolution. It looks like the others in the primary guide are removed since LOOT is providing the correct tags for them now, however they would be listed similar to LOOT Metadata updates.

#30 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

Oh, for some reason I thought it was referrencing other plugins, not the SR Conflict Resolutin.esp..

Also two more things that are unclear in CR..

1)
When the description says only this:

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Dragonborn.esm.
Problem Resolved: DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC was not properly forwarded.

Should I just copy that to override or do I need to also drag the DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC to the SR CR in the right pane afterwards?

2)
Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters > Temporary > 00015F44
Conflict Resolution: Use record from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp then move the XLRL - Location and DATA - Position/Rotation records from Cutting Room Floor.esp.
Problem Resolved: Changes from Cutting Room Floor and Enhanced Lights and FX needed to be merged.

When I right click 00015F44 and try to copy as override to SR it gives me this error message:

"FormID [870098A] references a master which is not available in file [8C] SR Conflict Resolution.esp"

After closing the error and doing the same thing again it works just fine. I didn't save as I had no idea if that was supposed to happen.
Should I first copy the header (00071FFE) as override to and then do it again with 00015F44?

Edited by Pheyne, 20 January 2016 - 07:11 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users