Photo

Extending S.T.E.P.: Extended - ENB and More

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

Oh, for some reason I thought it was referrencing other plugins, not the SR Conflict Resolutin.esp..

Also two more things that are unclear in CR..

1)
When the description says only this:

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Dragonborn.esm.
Problem Resolved: DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC was not properly forwarded.

Should I just copy that to override or do I need to also drag the DATA - Flags from the Dragonborn DLC to the SR CR in the right pane afterwards?

2)
Block 2 > Sub-Block 4 > 00071FFE SolitudeJusticiarsHeadquarters > Temporary > 00015F44
Conflict Resolution: Use record from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp then move the XLRL - Location and DATA - Position/Rotation records from Cutting Room Floor.esp.
Problem Resolved: Changes from Cutting Room Floor and Enhanced Lights and FX needed to be merged.

When I right click 00015F44 and try to copy as override to SR it gives me this error message:

"FormID [870098A] references a master which is not available in file [8C] SR Conflict Resolution.esp"

After closing the error and doing the same thing again it works just fine. I didn't save as I had no idea if that was supposed to happen.
Should I first copy the header (00071FFE) as override to and then do it again with 00015F44?

For 1) Just copy to override.

For 2) I think its a TES5Edit bug. If it works the second time it should be fine. A quick way to tell is if the master has been added to the header of SR Conflict Resolution automatically.

#32 Electrocutor

Electrocutor

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

I tried to use MergePlugins.exe to create a full clean STEP:Extended to use as a starting point, but it wouldn't allow me to. It said that USLEEP had a critical continuity error and wouldn't even allow the attempt. Were you actually able to get STEP to merge or did you scrap STEP in favor of SRLE?

#33 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

If you are asking me I did decide to go with SR:LE instead of STEP simply because I always planned to go in that direction. But I did have STEP: Extended fully installed at one point and there is no need to merge anything other than merging plugins during creating the bashed patch with Wrye Bash. The guide doesn't even mention MergePlugin.exe and even if you wanted to merge some mods, I see absolutely no reason to inlude USLEEP.

#34 Electrocutor

Electrocutor

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

My intent is to create a single new 'vanilla' mod from a clean STEP install. I would then consider it to be vanilla Skyrim and mod however I wanted after that. The main reason being that a clean STEP install still has so many TES5Edit errors and critical errors that I cannot find and fix post-STEP errors within the sea.

Anyway, if you've gone the SRLE route, it's a moot point. I started doing the same, but the task seems so daunting; I wish there was just a simple full package for these kinds of things instead of having to do it all yourself every single time. It's wrong that it should take 10 times longer to setup the game than the amount of time that you actually get to play it; but it sounds like Valve, Nexus, and Bethesda aren't interested in allowing full compilations.

#35 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

I don't feel like that at all. If I spend two days modding and then play the game two weeks straight then it is imo more than worth it. Plus the modding part can be fun, especially if you are trying out new things, figuring out how they work etc.

One thing I now for sure is that if you install STEP properly, you should get pretty much no errors whatsoever (apart from some intended/false positive warnings in LOOT).

I don't know what mod manager you use, but if you mean business and use Mod Organizer you can use profiles and have both fully modded Skyrim and vanilla Skyrim (and anything in between) accessible at the same time with just two clicks of the mouse.

#36 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

For 2) I think its a TES5Edit bug. If it works the second time it should be fine. A quick way to tell is if the master has been added to the header of SR Conflict Resolution automatically.

What would be the master in this situation? Should it be the EnhancedLightsandFX.esp? If so, then that is not getting added to the masters in the header of SR Conflict Resolution.. If the master is supposed to be just Cutting Room Floor then that is already in there.
And if you mean the FormID 870098A3 then that is something under ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp and is not getting added into the header masters either.

Pretty much the only master that gets added by only copying as override to is Skyrim.esm and with merging those changes in the right pane Cutting Room Floor.esp.

Edited by Pheyne, 22 January 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#37 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

Anybody has an idea about the matter above?
And one more a little unrelated question. In the SR:LE guide, there is the Optimizing Vanilla section and at the end, there is an example of how the load order should look after going through the process.

* Vanilla Optimized
* Unmanaged: Dawnguard
* Dawnguard Optimized
* Unmanaged: Hearthfire
* Hearthfire Optimized
* Unmanaged: Dragonborn
* Dragonborn Optimized
* Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01
* HRDLC1 Optimized (Created only if using DDSOpt method.)
* Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02
* HRDLC2 Optimized (Created only if using DDSOpt method.)
* Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03
* HRDLC3 Optimized (Created only if using DDSOpt method.)
* Cleaned Vanilla ESMs
* Skyrim Script Extender

Now there are two ways, either the DDSopt method or downloading the MO ready HD package. I wanted to do it all by myself so I went with DDSopt, but when you are done processing the files in DDSopt, you are left with four folders.
Following the DDSopt guide, they are named HRDLC1, HRDLC2, HRDLC3 and STD (this one contains the Skyrim - textures.bsa) and this is not mentioned in the load order anywhere.
Same as the Dawnguard/HearFires/Dragonborn - Optimized mods. Those are not part of DDSopt process and.

Am I correct to assume the STD replaces all of them (and those four mods are only created by using the second method) or is it something different? If that is the case, should the STD mod be placed under all the "Unmanaged:Dawnguard/HeartFires/Dragonborn" mods? And where in all this should the USLEEP be loaded?

Here's my load order, anything that should be changed?
duiTHER.png

Edited by Pheyne, 22 January 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#38 Electrocutor

Electrocutor

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

I prefer just to use the pre-made Optimized BSA because they have already tested it to make sure not to include any textures/meshes that should not be included (because they don't need to be or they cause bugs if they are).

#39 Pheyne

Pheyne

Prisoner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

Sure, do it your way.. But how is your preference any relevant here? I asked about the load order...
Plus, I've read some comments that using the pre-made pack can cause issues for some people and in general doing this through DDSopt should just provide the best possible results. And even though it can be tedious, it is actually very easy process. And all the textures that shouldn't be inluded are mentioned in the guide and you deal with them while installing various mods.

Edited by Pheyne, 22 January 2016 - 03:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users