Enhanced Lights and FX (by anamorfus)

najt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I disagree Sairven, I think in its current form its perfectly ready for use. Right now it covers all of the interiors in towns, villages, and inns. I don't think this mod needs to cover all the caves and ruins for it to be valuable and consistent for the user. After all, other lighting mods already do that.

There is talk in STEP of jumping ship from CoT to RCRN or another lighting mod. I think before this mod is decided on, it should be clear which lighting mod will be with STEP in the near future.

Well there is currently no official lighting mod guide in STEP (that i'm aware of) so I'm not sure how we can jump ship from CoT to RCRN when it was never stated in the guide that CoT should be used in the first place. 

For those who use this mod - do you typically use it with another mod for exterior lighting?

I have used ELFX for quite some time and actually just switched over to RLO about a week ago just to try it out per Neo's recommendation in SR.  I think ELFX is a great mod, but without an ENB/RCRN/RLO Weathers (which alters imagespace), I find the game to still be lacking some much needed color and/or saturation changes. For a few weeks I used ELFX in combination with the recent RLO Weathers module and I think thats a great combination (although I had to change the brightness for some of the nights in the RLO Weathers esp).

In short, yes I feel you must use it with some other form of exterior mod. Now, finding out which one will give you the best combination of quality and performance that is also able to satisfy your personal tastes, that is the challenge.

• 1 month later...

I've been working my way through SR and keeping tabs on SR:LE.  I see that SR:LE has replaced RLO with ELFX.  I'd much rather use ELFX than RLO, but the LE guide does not mention whether ELFX causes any problems that need to be remedied.  Is that because it doesn't cause any or because SR:LE is unfinished and just hasn't listed them yet?  How do I tell?  And if there are any how do I solve them?  Thanks.

PS.  I'd also like to use ELFX Enhancer which Neovalen doesn't seem to want to use, so if anyone knows of issues that that will cause, I'd like to know about that.  Thanks again.

There is a massive conflict with SOS just like for RLO... you need to make a patch that adjusts EVERY single cell ELFX touches.

As far as I know nobody have released one yet.

Essentially anything RLO conflicts with ELFX will conflict with since ELFX use RLO resources by permission.

• 2 weeks later...