Ruins Clutter Improved (by raiserfx)

parasyte79

You mean Skyrim HD, not Skyrealism I think. But fair enough, it seems to me from your comments like your not a big fan of Bethesdas own textures so I see where your coming from. If your not aware of it, I'd recommend you check out his Skyrim HD Enviroments retextures to complement RCI.

Initially I wasn't keen on these textures, but I am downloading them to give them a try in game. I do like the authors work a lot from this mod.

I was very careful not to call out any person for using gritty textures. To be honest' date=' I am not familiar with any of your work[/b'] so when I wrote about it I couldn't have had anything you did in mind. Everything I have to say about gritty textures and how I feel about them is in the post I linked.

Here you say how you aren't familiar with any of my work.

But earlier in post 19. you said this:  

My personal preference, I much prefer the textures in this mod to the textures in any of the overhaul mods. This modder did a wonderful job of not making the textures to gritty and busy (like nearly all texture artists do.. grr), but also added in nice finer details and good edging where appropriate.

And then this:

My opinion on SRO and Skyrealism packages is that most of it is really very good. I don't use them only because of a few minor squibbles.

Does this makes sense to you?

Yep, got it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Skyrim HD' date=' not Skyrealism I think. But fair enough' date=' it seems to me from your comments like your not a big fan of Bethesdas own textures so I see where your coming from. If your not aware of it, I'd recommend you check out his Skyrim HD Enviroments retextures to complement RCI.[/quote'']

Initially I wasn't keen on these textures, but I am downloading them to give them a try in game. I do like the authors work a lot from this mod.

I was very careful not to call out any person for using gritty textures. To be honest' date=' I am not familiar with any of your work[/b'] so when I wrote about it I couldn't have had anything you did in mind. Everything I have to say about gritty textures and how I feel about them is in the post I linked.

My personal preference' date=' I much prefer the textures in this mod to the textures in any of the overhaul mods. This modder did a wonderful job of not making the textures to gritty and busy (like nearly all texture artists do.. grr), but also added in nice finer details and good edging where appropriate.[/quote']

And then this:

My opinion on SRO and Skyrealism packages is that most of it is really very good. I don't use them only because of a few minor squibbles.

Yep, got it.

Got it what?

You didn't try my mod but you criticize it? And then you expect people to take you seriously?

I don't take you seriously.

You mean Skyrim HD' date=' not Skyrealism I think. But fair enough' date=' it seems to me from your comments like your not a big fan of Bethesdas own textures so I see where your coming from. If your not aware of it, I'd recommend you check out his Skyrim HD Enviroments retextures to complement RCI.[/quote'']

My personal preference' date=' I much prefer the textures in this mod to the textures in any of the overhaul mods. This modder did a wonderful job of not making the textures to gritty and busy (like nearly all texture artists do.. grr), but also added in nice finer details and good edging where appropriate.[/quote']

And then this:

Yep, got it.

Got it what?

You didn't try my mod but you criticize it? And then you expect people to take you seriously?

I don't take you seriously.

I have tried your mod. I didn't know you' date=' as the individual, where the author. I am unsure why you are spoiling for a fight with me. What exactly did I say that offended you?[/quote']

I think that Starac does not understand "yep, got it," which is not clear. I think that you meant "OK I see your point, what I said was not consistent."

Furthermore, I believe that when Starac points out that you "criticize" his work, he means that quite literally, as in the term "critique" or "rate" and not "put down" or "flame."

Nobody is picking any fights on this thread that I can see, so let's all continue to be grown ups :yes:

Keep in mind that not everyone on these forums writes eloquently and diplomatically, nor do we all use English as our primary language :no:

Tolerance is key.

I have tried your mod. I didn't know you' date=' as the individual, where the author. I am unsure why you are spoiling for a fight with me. What exactly did I say that offended you?[/quote']

This is not a fight and i'm not offended. It is very hard to offend me. I just would like to see some logical explanation.

Yesterday you have said how you aren't familiar with any of my work. And then 30 minutes later you say this; my opinion on SRO and Skyrealism packages is that most of it is really very good. This is impossible cause you can't even download my mod in 30 minutes. And to see textures you must play very long.

I think that Starac does not understand "yep, got it," which is not clear. I think that you meant "OK I see your point, what I said was not consistent."

Furthermore, I believe that when Starac points out that you "criticize" his work, he means that quite literally, as in the term "critique" or "rate" and not "put down" or "flame."

Nobody is picking any fights on this thread that I can see, so let's all continue to be grown ups

Keep in mind that not everyone on these forums writes eloquently and diplomatically, nor do we all use English as our primary language

Tolerance is key.

Actually i understood him completely. My english is not that bad. 

Yes tolerance is the key and very often i say this to people. But be careful what you talk especially on forums.

Also i understand your position. I'm moderator on a big IT forum for 8 years. And human ego is big problem.

I have tried your mod. I didn't know you' date=' as the individual, where the author[/b']. I am unsure why you are spoiling for a fight with me. What exactly did I say that offended you?

Yesterday you have said how you aren't familiar with any of my work. And then 30 minutes later you say this; my opinion on SRO and Skyrealism packages is that most of it is really very good. This is impossible cause you can't even download my mod in 30 minutes. And to see textures you must play very long.

(I think) The orange highlighted section explains that.

He is familiar with SRO. He simply didn't know YOU were the author.

Maybe? But i doubt it?

On this page is also SRO thread. It has the name of the author, it is full of my posts and it's the largest thread. Impossible to miss it.

And the way how he describes textures, including mine, is something i hear first time. It makes no sense.

Btw, Skyrim is photo-realistic game, not Torchlight or Dishonored. Even vanilla textures would look more gritty if they were not to much resized and stretched.

Maybe? But i doubt it?

On this page is also SRO thread. It has the name of the author, it is full of my posts and it's the largest thread. Impossible to miss it.

Actually, it's fairly easy to miss. If you hadn't posted on this forum, I wouldn't even know who you were. I knew about your work, but couldn't remember authors of the big texture packs. It was fairly confusing with the amount of texture packs that were popping up in the first weeks anyhow. You're assuming things, which are probably incorrect. I don't see why mothergoose would have any reason to lie.

And the way how he describes textures, including mine, is something i hear first time. It makes no sense.

I'm confused, is it the first time somebody criticised your work, or simply didn't enjoy it? If it makes no sense to you that he doesn't quite like detailed dark-coloured textures, well then, I think it's time to realise that not everyone has the taste when it comes to what's

Btw, Skyrim is photo-realistic game, not Torchlight or Dishonored. Even vanilla textures would look more gritty if they were not to much resized and stretched.

I don't necessarily share mothergoose's stance on the subject, but what I think he means is that he would prefer

It makes sense, if the vanilla high-resolution textures are not enough for someone, it's only natural that they would be looking for something else, that might not only enhance the vanilla game, but maybe even improve (in their eyes) upon it by using a slightly different style.

• 1 month later...

Anyways...

v2.5 has been released. Here's the changelog for v2.4 released a few days ago, and v2.5

Reworked all textures, adjusted colors and improved normal maps

Some textures have been removed from the package, since they didn't fit to the quality of the new textures anymore. Maybe they will return in future updates. If you want to update to version 2.4, please uninstall all previous versions first.

Adjusted the brightness of various textures to make them correspond better with the originals

Reworked minor parts of some textures to improve their overall quality (e.g. ruins chair, ruins table, ruins doors, ruins chest)

Several normal maps had an inverted green channel, that should be fixed now

• 7 months later...

What was the decision for the conflicts between SRO and this mod? Which should overwrite? I think this mod's ruins textures are far superior to SRO's.

The choice is yours. Currently, Skyrim Revisited recommends a combination of the two I think, so suggest you reference that. SRO is not officially in STEP right now.

What was the decision for the conflicts between SRO and this mod? Which should overwrite? I think this mod's ruins textures are far superior to SRO's.

The choice is yours. Currently, Skyrim Revisited recommends a combination of the two I think, so suggest you reference that. SRO is not officially in STEP right now.
It appears that Skyrim Revisted has SRO overwriting a lot of Ruins. I wonder why that is. Ruins has way better textures.