Happy Thanksgiving

stoppingby4now

Damn! Any better ideas than replacing one of the letters with a clip art turkey?  Anyways, happy Turkey Day everyone!

(Totally moving this thread to General chat to spread the love)

Maybe a Turkey saying "I'm thankful for.." right next to the STEP logo? :D

Also, Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Happy Thanksgiving you guys. I'm thankful for step for making me realize that my graphics card will never be adequate' date=' lol.[/quote']

Lol, right!?  I constantly have to resist buying some insane $400 card... it's getting harder...

Im hoping I might be able to move up from my GTX 560 Ti to a GTX 670 in January. Hopefully I'll get the student loans to afford it. Currently I'm running Baseline step with a few of the body mods on Neovalen's list and getting 35-50 fps outside. Inside I get 60 tho. If only I could just turn my physical ram into Vram.:geek:

I'm biding my time waiting for an upgrade. Can still run full STEP with slight FPS loss. My VRAM is through the roof @ 4047MB. Single card. :P

Does Skyrim even register that much or does it max out at some point? I think it does, not sure.

I'm not sure Skyrim knows or cares about your VRAM, it'll just use what's there (if Skyrim itself is what handles that in the first place).  What card do you have?  I might not upgrade for a while, but when I do it's going to be a beast :D

I'm biding my time waiting for an upgrade. Can still run full STEP with slight FPS loss. My VRAM is through the roof @ 4047MB. Single card. :P

Does Skyrim even register that much or does it max out at some point? I think it does, not sure.

I'm not sure Skyrim knows or cares about your VRAM, it'll just use what's there (if Skyrim itself is what handles that in the first place).  What card do you have?  I might not upgrade for a while, but when I do it's going to be a beast :D
GTX 560 Ti. I've spent hours setting everything up. It's made by a company called Gigabit, the stock VRAM was 2048MB. Very easy card to OC as well. Hell, I could push the VRAM even higher if I had better cooling.

If I could have "relations" with it, I totally would.

Speaking of OC'ing. I have only barely touched my CPU and my RAM is at stock settings. I could probably make this beast last another year if I needed to (had it since May 2010, minus the graphics card which was an upgrade I got ~December 2011). But nah, I intend to build a new computer sometime next year, hopefully by the 3-year mark of this one's life.

Might be getting one of my old buddies to install water cooling. He's been at that game/business for nearly a decade now, so... yeaah. O_O

GTX 560 Ti. I've spent hours setting everything up. It's made by a company called Gigabit, the stock VRAM was 2048MB. Very easy card to OC as well. Hell, I could push the VRAM even higher if I had better cooling.

If I could have "relations" with it, I totally would.

Speaking of OC'ing. I have only barely touched my CPU and my RAM is at stock settings. I could probably make this beast last another year if I needed to (had it since May 2010, minus the graphics card which was an upgrade I got ~December 2011). But nah, I intend to build a new computer sometime next year, hopefully by the 3-year mark of this one's life.

Might be getting one of my old buddies to install water cooling. He's been at that game/business for nearly a decade now, so... yeaah. O_O

I might be interested in buying that card off you, depending on when I can upgrade, although I can't seem to find any mention of a 4GB 560 Ti.  There are reports of my 6870 overclocking very well (1050+Mhz core) which is part of the reason I chose it, but ASUS's software is absolute **** and I can't make any of the settings stick in Afterburner so I'm stuck with the stock 915Mhz clock.

I finally got a Hyper 212 Evo for my 2500k (which is rocking btw), although I haven't been able to test it with Skyrim.  Since Newegg's Black Friday deals sold out so damn fast I'm out of luck on an SSD, so I'll probably reformat here sooner or later.

I've looked into water cooling as a side project, and it doesn't seem like that much of a hassle to set up, I've just never had the cash laying around to try it out on a new rig.

Yeah, the card was a limited edition type of thing back when the 560 Ti's first came out. Plus it was only $10 more than the others so I was like "You bet I'm getting this ****!"

I need to get up to speed on recent parts updates and such. I like to spend a good 4 months researching stuff before building a new comp. Gives time to find out if anything new and shiny is coming out. I'm so far behind now. Haha.

I always stick with NVIDIA because I know how to OC them. Plus, there's plenty of utilities out there for it. Gigabit uses one called VTUNE. Thing has excellent functionality. Though not as detailed as EVGA's. NVIDIA Inspector (I had it before STEP recommended its use, incidentally :P) is superb at showing what your tunings are doing.

Here's a pic of my tunings. OC'ing is computer specific, so YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED if you have a 560 Ti and want to mimic my settings:

https://i.imgur.com/1T1fo.jpg