CTD during any kind of save

buenoexcellente

Question

Hello all.

I'm running a minimal Dovahkin Reborn installation.  Meaning there's no Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, or any of the optional stuff that you have to make your own patch for.  So it's pretty much a minimal STEP CORE.  It was running admirably up until I hit Solstheim and level 20.  

I've just finished Killing Krosis, and left the ebony mine in Raven Rock.  I cannot, in any way, save the game once this is done.  Any attempt to save results in an immediate CTD.  With the exception of the following command.

save xxxxxxx 1 

which opens a text file for save cleaning.

Looking at my savegames they are pushing 12 and 13 megabytes.  So I was wondering if I had run into savegame bloat.  So I ran both of these.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31724/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

They both found plenty to clean.  The Script Cleaner said that it found 1235 orphaned script instances.  I'm not certain but I think that might be part of the problem.

However even after loading a saved clean I'm unable to save again.  

I AM able to load a game from several play sessions ago, and safe from that.  So I don't think this is a load order problem.

I've looked in the Papyrus0.log file and all it says before the crash is a listing of Immersive HUD scripts.  I've attempted to save with Immersive HUD disabled, and that makes no difference at all.

So how can I determine what's causing this?  Is it likely that I can save this character or is he doomed?

1 answer to this question