Wiki wide search function?

GrantSP

Question

With all of the different wiki pages for the various STEP mods it makes it cumbersome to search for entries or do history searches.

Is there a way to search across multiple wiki pages and/or do a history search for recent edits across them?

As an example I made a change to one description to highlight the word "Merge" in the instructions for a mod. Later I realised the method I used should actually have been to use the UI template instead of adding an 'important' highlight template. Do you think I can now find that page?  :O_o:

Thanks

2 answers to this question

There is no search capability for history. MW search only searches wiki pages based on their current state, so searches won't match on text that was removed from a Wiki page for example.

Two things that pop to mind you can try:

1. You can do an advanced search to limit the pages that are searched. Sounds like you would want to limit based on the Category Mods. Not entirely helpful if the category in question contains a lot of pages like Category Mods, but it would weed all of the guides which may be enough.
  2. You can also see your history by using the menu option for your name and selecting Contributions. Not search functionality, but it will show you the edits you've made and maybe you can spot the page you edited.