Realistic Waters Two Merge

Yippee38

Question

I'm attempting to merge Realistic Waters Two per the guide.  I've got the following .esps at the bottom of the load order on the right pane of MO:

When I run Merge Plugins Standalone, it only shows,

Any idea why this would be happening?

10 answers to this question

MO looks like this:

MO.png

In Merge Plugins, the Plugins Selection screen looks like this (I've tried it with the Merges selected and not selected):

PluginSel.png

Merge Plugins looks like this:

MergePlugins.png

The log tab in Merge Plugins is showing this:

[09:53:09] (GENERAL) Dictionary: Using TES5Dictionary.txt
[09:53:09] (GENERAL) Definitions: Using TES5Edit Definitions
[09:53:09] (GENERAL) Load Order: Using I:\Game Utilities\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Skyrim Revisited\
[09:53:19] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading RBB - SR Merge.esp
[09:53:19] (ERROR) Load: "RBB - SR Merge.esp" requires master "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" to be loaded before it.
[09:53:20] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
[09:53:20] (ERROR) Load: "RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp" requires master "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" to be loaded before it.
[09:53:20] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
[09:53:20] (ERROR) Load: "RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp" requires master "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" to be loaded before it.
[09:53:20] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp
[09:53:20] (ERROR) Load: "RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp" requires master "RealisticWaterTwo.esp" to be loaded before it.

I'm confused.  I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what.

Now I'm really confused.  Based on the error log above, I tried Merge Plugins again, but in the Plugins Selection screen, I de-selected RBB-SR Merge.esp.  All of the Realistic Water Two .esps show up.  That doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes sense that if Realistic Water Two required RBB - SR Merge.esp, and that failed to load, that the rest of the RWT .esps wouldn't load.  But RBB - SR Merge.esp requires Realistic Water Two.esp.  So if RWT isn't loaded, RBB - SR Merge.esp won't load.  That makes sense.  Why does that impact which RWT .esps load?

I'm going to go ahead and make the merge with RBB - SR Merge.esp de-selected in the Plugins Selection.

I guess this is solved.

I really have no idea when it comes to merging plugins, but Mator is fairly active in his forum here at STEP.

If you have any unresolved questions, maybe pop by there. https://forum.step-project.com/forum/99-mators-utilities-support/

Did that.  Found out that I'm apparently an idiot because I made a mistake.  Don't know what the mistake was, and that was the whole point of posting.  Oh well.

That was a waste of time.

Yippe38 (or anyone), do you think I could deactivate rbb-sr merge.esp from the plugins, do the merge of Realistic water two, and then rename it RealisticWaterTwo.esp as per the instructions. It will not let me create the merge with the relationship with rbb-sr merge.esp

Update: did it anyway, seemed logical

Edited by mcshame

Have attempted to figure this out all day... deactivating RBB - SR Merge.esp and going to try it again. May I request two lines in the guide for us novice modders learning the craft so we don't bloody our heads too much banging on the computer monitor ;]

Prior to merging... deactivate...RBB

After merging... remember to reactivate...

rename....

Thanks, off to merge!

edit: works like a charm.... now to figure out the last conflict... that nivWICSKYcloaks issue....

Edited by Zegorzalek

I had this exact same problem merging Realistic Water Two.

deactivate RBB

merge

reactivate RBB

rename the esp

it is obvious that we did something wrong ... I wish we knew what it was but as long as it doesn't break the game it should be okay, right?