Utility for running SKSE via Steam

Haelbarde

First off, I couldn't find a this with a brief search, and I was under the impression that if you want to use SKSE, you have to start skyrim with the SKSE file, so can't use the Steam default official game thing. I also couldn't see this on the STEP PDF, so I hope this is relevant and not been suggested previously.

Anyway, this steam forum thread: https://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2530339, and post 7, links to (or details a method of modifiying) the Skse loader so that SKSE can be launched with steam as an official steam game. I was put of using SKSE previously because you had to run the skse loader rather than press play in skyrim. This is just an idea to add to the instalation of SKSE.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But if you're weird like me, and like to have all your games started as proper steam games (so the standard The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Play button), then having a game in steam, but having to add another link and run it from that is just annoying.

I was just linking to that thread I found as a suggestion for an option of some people to do. I was put off using SKSE (and thus mods using SKSE) previously because it annoyed me to start Skyrim with anything other than the normal play button. Seeing as there is a chance there may be others like me, I was just putting this out there.