[BUG] Strange Camera Glitch During Intro Sequence

thelordcaptain

Question

Hey guys.

So I have searched around some. Didn't find any answer to this issue, so it's seemingly time to post.

Before I begin -- I'm only partially through STEP right now. I discovered this issue whilst attempting to benchmark between 2.F & 2.G. There is a possibility that I introduced this after installing 2.F, but it's also possible that I just forgot to benchmark at that point. Also, I'm using "Mod Organizer" and LOOT to install STEP with.

When the intro sequence loads, I find my viewpoint to be staring at the horse that's pulling the carriage my character should spawn in. If I rotate the view, I can see the underside of the aforementioned cart. Obviously, this is something of a problem.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or need any additional data. And thank you in advance.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just removed, redownloaded, and reinstalled XP32 according to the suggested settings, then ticked the XP32 mod. Then I loaded an autosave (just after char creation) and everything was fine. 100%.

Let me run the entire intro just to be 100% sure but it looks like this entire issue was caused by an error in either my initial download or my initial install.

Edit: One carriage ride later... all's well and good. Thank you for your help, everyone.

Edited by thelordcaptain

I don't see anything in 2.F or 2.G that might cause this issue since these are mostly meshes and textures. The only things I can think of that might cause this issue are bad settings in the ini files or perhaps (although I think unlikely) XP32 Maximum Skeleton in 2.D. Fixes.

Ok, FNIS installed including it's odd little utility. Will update after testing, which will happen as soon as the aMidianBorn Whiterun mod has d/l'ed. My connection is a bit crap, so that could take a few minutes.

Update: So after life interrupted (naturally), I finally got back to testing this. FNIS has made zero difference whatsoever. My character viewpoint is still short -- even with a 1.1 tall character -- and when I am given control (at the dragon attack, of course) the camera swings wildly vertically at any attempted movement. This is really ******* weird. Anyway, I have some screenshots of the height part of the issue. Having a dual core CPU, I doubt I could get any useful footage of the wild vertical camera swinging.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vziq911m327s2m4/2016-02-01_00001.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2kwx4f1w1p9grr/2016-02-01_00002.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrqk20ypjgamfw0/2016-02-01_00012.jpg?dl=0

Edited by thelordcaptain

Can you make a vanilla profile in MO and go through the carriage ride again with no mods installed? I have the exact opposite effect to you. My 'eye level' appears too high, IMO, even when I choose a small character I feel like I'm towering over the others.

Just for clarity could post your INIs here in spoiler tags so we can compare them. Make sure you use the correct ones from the active profile, not those in 'My Documents'.