Photo

[BUG] Strange Camera Glitch During Intro Sequence

Best Answer thelordcaptain , 12 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

I just removed, redownloaded, and reinstalled XP32 according to the suggested settings, then ticked the XP32 mod. Then I loaded an autosave (just after char creation) and everything was fine. 100%.

Let me run the entire intro just to be 100% sure but it looks like this entire issue was caused by an error in either my initial download or my initial install.

Edit: One carriage ride later... all's well and good. Thank you for your help, everyone.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

I don't have any of the problems that thelordcaprain has, but I've always felt that my character's eye height was too low. With a normal height character I feel like I'm always looking at the botton of the neck or even lower on NPCs.

#17 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

I can confirm that, under a vanilla MO profile, I have none of the camera glitches and the entire sequence -- and moving to the tower after -- works 100% as expected.

INIs.... I can't see a "spoiler" tag option in the post editor, or when searching the help files. As such, I have to ask you to please specify. I apologize, new here and so forth.

#18 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

One of the icons, I think third from the left at the top, IIRC, has a bunch of options for formatting. One of them is "spoiler". On mobile at the moment.

You can also use
[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

#19 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

You need to hit the green/white "Special BBcode" icon, third from the left on the menu bar. Click it and select Spoiler.

#20 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

OK. INI's c&p'd from MO's INI Editor.

Skyrim.INI

Skyrimprefs.INI

And thanks to both Nebulous & Kelmych.

Edited by thelordcaptain, 02 February 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#21 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

Were those changes made to the default unedited INIs created by Skyrim, because there seem to be a few discrepancies in them compared to mine?

#22 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

I would assume so. For the most part I have not touched the INI files except for explicit STEP instructions.

Which ones, specifically, were you thinking of?

#23 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:04 AM

Is there something in the INIs I can tweak to fix the massive vertical swings of the camera while moving, or the height issue?

#24 Rebel47

Rebel47

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:07 AM

Maybe unrelated to your issue but have you tried using spINI, DoubleYou has made the app for clearing out the useless settings inside the ini files, run the app outside of Mod Organizer as a separate process, with the edits and changes made during that process perhaps see if that has any effect on your ini files configuration and the problems which are present in your game

Forum page and further info

Edited by Rebel47, 04 February 2016 - 05:14 AM.

#25 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

I downloaded and ran spINI. I see no change, but I do have a little more data about the wild camera movement.

If I hold down my forward movement key, it'll swing wildly and then, if I keep moving forward, settle to normal behaviour, until the next time I remove my finger and press again. Backward movement is the same.

#26 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:58 PM

Any suggestions?

#27 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

No, I honestly don't. I've never seen this problem before.

#28 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:27 PM

Well, I appreciate the honesty. Still, I'd really like to play the game. :P

Is there anything I can do to provide further information? A video showing the issue -- would that be at all of help?

#29 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

The INIs created from spINI, did you move those into the folder matching the current active profile? Since I can't think of anything other than a rogue INI setting (assuming you have installed just the mods in STEP) there really isn't anything else it might be.

Remember MO does not use the INIs in the "My Documents".

#30 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

Bad driver for the keyboard, but I assume it's working fine elsewhere. So that might be a bad video driver, unless it too is working fine in other games. That only leave the game itself. Verify your Steam cache, if your bandwidth isn't an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users