[BUG] Strange Camera Glitch During Intro Sequence

thelordcaptain

Question

Hey guys.

So I have searched around some. Didn't find any answer to this issue, so it's seemingly time to post.

Before I begin -- I'm only partially through STEP right now. I discovered this issue whilst attempting to benchmark between 2.F & 2.G. There is a possibility that I introduced this after installing 2.F, but it's also possible that I just forgot to benchmark at that point. Also, I'm using "Mod Organizer" and LOOT to install STEP with.

When the intro sequence loads, I find my viewpoint to be staring at the horse that's pulling the carriage my character should spawn in. If I rotate the view, I can see the underside of the aforementioned cart. Obviously, this is something of a problem.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or need any additional data. And thank you in advance.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Uh.. does spINI not do that? It uses the Docs ones instead?

Keyboard's a simple plug-and-play $10 base offering. Not really the kind of thing I expect to find issues with. Drivers... I'm running a 7770, and runs as expected in many games. ETS2 (though I'm currently having a mod crash issue with that too, as of today), KSP, Minecraft & it's many modpacks, XCOM, Deus Ex: HR, lots of older stuff. I've had no issues I can directly relate to gpu drivers.

OK, so I hunted up the spINI files and the MO profiles folder, dumped them where they belong. No change.

Further edit: does Skyrim Vanilla through MO running 100% fine rule out the local files served by Steam?

Edited by thelordcaptain

Hooray for progress! I've narrowed it down to 4 possible progress mods after several hours spent activating one at a time and waiting through the entire intro until I had movement control, to rule out both the control problem and the camera problem. These are the problem mods:

• Cutting Room Floor
  • Farmhouse Chimneys
  • Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Now, it's pretty clear the first three shouldn't cause anything like what I'm seeing. I'm going to do some more testing and update this thread in case anyone's interested in the culprit.

Hello all,

A newbie to STEP here and I just finished the initial installation of STEP (2.2.9.2) and I seem to have the same problem as the OP with the exception that my character is too tall, not too short.  But I still have the same wild vertical camera swings when I try to move.

Anyway, I did some looking and was also pointed to XP32 and the potential that I chose the wrong install question answer (saying yes to Joy of Perspective instead of the (correct) "no").  So I went back and "reinstalled" XP32 and during the install made sure I answered the questions correctly.

Unlike the OP, I was already finished with the installation of STEP, so I just ran the "sort" again and tried a new game and see the same problem.  I'm wondering if I need to do some of the steps in section 2.N (Patches) again?

Any feedback on how far back I need to go? For instance, just DynDOLOD or that plus FNIS, or even more?

Thanks,

phlepper

Jarl,

Thanks! That saved me from having to go through multiple steps in the Patch process. 

I ran FNIS and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

The next thing I tried was to remove the X32 mod, re-download and re-install it.  I ran FNIS to be safe and the problem was fixed! Not sure if the FNIS was needed again, but I think the original install of X32 must have been messed up.

Synopsis of my issue in case anyone else has the problem:

1. Ran through the complete STEP installation process.

2. Noticed that my character in the wagon was too tall and when I got out of the wagon, I was roughly twice as tall as everyone else.  When moving, the camera view would swing vertically all the way up and then all the way back down when I stopped.

3. Re-installed X32 (didn't fix the problem)

4. Re-ran FNIS (didn't fix the problem)

5. Deleted (removed) X32, re-downloaded, and re-installed it (putting it back to the same place in the list) *and* reran FNIS

6. Problem fixed!

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I tend to agree that it was most likely something messed up in the XP32 skeleton that was causing the issue. I don't know if you absolutely have to run FNIS after updating the skeleton, but I always have on basis that FNIS is dependent on the skeleton.