Photo

[BUG] Strange Camera Glitch During Intro Sequence

Best Answer thelordcaptain , 12 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

I just removed, redownloaded, and reinstalled XP32 according to the suggested settings, then ticked the XP32 mod. Then I loaded an autosave (just after char creation) and everything was fine. 100%.

Let me run the entire intro just to be 100% sure but it looks like this entire issue was caused by an error in either my initial download or my initial install.

Edit: One carriage ride later... all's well and good. Thank you for your help, everyone.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:51 PM

Uh.. does spINI not do that? It uses the Docs ones instead?

Keyboard's a simple plug-and-play $10 base offering. Not really the kind of thing I expect to find issues with. Drivers... I'm running a 7770, and runs as expected in many games. ETS2 (though I'm currently having a mod crash issue with that too, as of today), KSP, Minecraft & it's many modpacks, XCOM, Deus Ex: HR, lots of older stuff. I've had no issues I can directly relate to gpu drivers.

OK, so I hunted up the spINI files and the MO profiles folder, dumped them where they belong. No change.

Further edit: does Skyrim Vanilla through MO running 100% fine rule out the local files served by Steam?

Edited by thelordcaptain, 05 February 2016 - 12:14 AM.

#32 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:51 PM

Is it possible the issue could get resolved after installing the rest of the mods in the guide, including the patches?

I have to admit that I have never ran the game before totally completing the STEP guide.

#33 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

Uh.. does spINI not do that? ...

Yes it does. I'm just covering all bases in case you didn't run it from inside MO, or set things correctly in the "Settings" tab.

#34 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:15 AM

Well, I didn't run it from MO, so fair enough.

#35 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:56 PM

Hooray for progress! I've narrowed it down to 4 possible progress mods after several hours spent activating one at a time and waiting through the entire intro until I had movement control, to rule out both the control problem and the camera problem. These are the problem mods:

• Cutting Room Floor
  • Farmhouse Chimneys
  • Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Now, it's pretty clear the first three shouldn't cause anything like what I'm seeing. I'm going to do some more testing and update this thread in case anyone's interested in the culprit.

#36 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

I have one thought...are you running any patches from section N before you start the game? I don't think XP32 will work without FNIS.

#37 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

Confirmed XP32.

Patches, generally no but specifically (FNIS) yes, due to another person's suggestion earlier in the thread. I was trying to follow the instructions and benchmark/test each section, must have forgotten a few times.

#38 thelordcaptain

thelordcaptain

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:40 AM   Best Answer

I just removed, redownloaded, and reinstalled XP32 according to the suggested settings, then ticked the XP32 mod. Then I loaded an autosave (just after char creation) and everything was fine. 100%.

Let me run the entire intro just to be 100% sure but it looks like this entire issue was caused by an error in either my initial download or my initial install.

Edit: One carriage ride later... all's well and good. Thank you for your help, everyone.

Edited by thelordcaptain, 12 February 2016 - 12:52 AM.

#39 phlepper

phlepper

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:41 AM

Hello all,

A newbie to STEP here and I just finished the initial installation of STEP (2.2.9.2) and I seem to have the same problem as the OP with the exception that my character is too tall, not too short.  But I still have the same wild vertical camera swings when I try to move.

Anyway, I did some looking and was also pointed to XP32 and the potential that I chose the wrong install question answer (saying yes to Joy of Perspective instead of the (correct) "no").  So I went back and "reinstalled" XP32 and during the install made sure I answered the questions correctly.

Unlike the OP, I was already finished with the installation of STEP, so I just ran the "sort" again and tried a new game and see the same problem.  I'm wondering if I need to do some of the steps in section 2.N (Patches) again?

Any feedback on how far back I need to go? For instance, just DynDOLOD or that plus FNIS, or even more?

Thanks,

phlepper

#40 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

If you reinstalled XP32, it might be a good idea to re-run GenerateFNISForUsers.exe with the current skeleton. You shouldn't need to update the bashed patch and you don't need to rerun DynDOLOD.

#41 phlepper

phlepper

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

Jarl,

Thanks! That saved me from having to go through multiple steps in the Patch process. 

I ran FNIS and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

The next thing I tried was to remove the X32 mod, re-download and re-install it.  I ran FNIS to be safe and the problem was fixed! Not sure if the FNIS was needed again, but I think the original install of X32 must have been messed up.

Synopsis of my issue in case anyone else has the problem:

1. Ran through the complete STEP installation process.

2. Noticed that my character in the wagon was too tall and when I got out of the wagon, I was roughly twice as tall as everyone else.  When moving, the camera view would swing vertically all the way up and then all the way back down when I stopped.

3. Re-installed X32 (didn't fix the problem)

4. Re-ran FNIS (didn't fix the problem)

5. Deleted (removed) X32, re-downloaded, and re-installed it (putting it back to the same place in the list) *and* reran FNIS

6. Problem fixed!

#42 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I tend to agree that it was most likely something messed up in the XP32 skeleton that was causing the issue. I don't know if you absolutely have to run FNIS after updating the skeleton, but I always have on basis that FNIS is dependent on the skeleton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users