SRLE Extended support

Armor of Intrigue help...

Using 3 files...Main, Updates Beast Races Fix Update, and Update files.   All 3 have the same ESP...ArmorOfintrigue.esp.

Shouldn't only one of these be used...pretty sure bc u merge just the one ESP later on?  If so there's no need to dl both Beast Races Fix Update and the Update file right?

Thx!

If you do happen to have multiple esps with the same name like that only 1 will ever get used and that'll be the one you install last, essentially.

Move the CACO_CRF.esp and CACO_Vigor_Campfire.esp to the Optionals in MO but leave the More Patches for CACO ACITVIATED so scripts can overwrite.

I don't really understand this part.

If we make the merged mod doesn't the program copy the scripts folder aswell ? Why it is necessary to keep this activated again ?

maybe you can dumb it down a bit   ::):

Edited by paul666root
Move the CACO_CRF.esp and CACO_Vigor_Campfire.esp to the Optionals in MO but leave the More Patches for CACO ACITVIATED so scripts can overwrite.

I don't really understand this part.

If we make the merged mod doesn't the program copy the scripts folder aswell ? Why it is necessary to keep this activated again ?

maybe you can dumb it down a bit   ::):

Merge plugin standalone doesn't seem to be copying these scripts into the merge. so I am sayng to leave this one activted to make sure there overwriting what they should be.

Maybe i don't understand well the process but when i did the merge, merge plugin standalone copied these files to the merged mod:

CACO_PhysApplyBandageScript.pex

Source/VIGOR_CurativeArm.psc

Source/VIGOR_CurativeFeet.psc

Source/VIGOR_CurativeHead.psc

Source/VIGOR_CurativeTorso.psc

Source/CACO_PhysApplyBandageScript.psc

aren't these what is needed or there is something more complicated that i don't see?

no they are the ones needed may it was just me.

I'll have another go at the merge. You'll know it working if you click on a clean bandage and the menu to apply the bandage to a body part.

on mine the menu doesn't pop up if the more patches for CACO isn't activtated but it does if it is could you please check also in case it just me.

Edit: I am a totally idiot i have been using thew rong bandages it does work i'll amend the guide.

Edited by Darth_mathias

no they are the ones needed may it was just me.

I'll have another go at the merge. You'll know it working if you click on a clean bandage and the menu to apply the bandage to a body part.

on mine the menu doesn't pop up if the more patches for CACO isn't activtated but it does if it is could you please check also in case it just me.

Edit: I am a totally idiot i have been using thew rong bandages it does work i'll amend the guide.

Based on my experience building SRLE and SRLEX back to back, I'm pretty sure this all depends on if your adding updates/patches/options to your main file, or as separate mods.  

EX: You're saving updates/patches/options as separate mods (placed after the main mod to override it).  If you do a merge with all the update/patch type ESPs, but not the ESP/ESM from the main file, then none of the assets from the main file will be included in your new merged file.

In SRLE Neo says to leave Optional files as separate mods, so the assumption is to merge any updates or patches.  I did this and everything worked out perfect for me in his merging section.

In SRLEX I followed the same strategy (I believe), but had the same issue with assets from the main mod not getting in the merged mod, and there were no instructions in these cases to add them to the merged mod.  

So I'm not 100% certain, but this could be the discrepancy? 

Edited by Gutmaw

Based on my experience building SRLE and SRLEX back to back, I'm pretty sure this all depends on if your adding updates/patches/options to your main file, or as separate mods.  

EX: You're saving updates/patches/options as separate mods (placed after the main mod to override it).  If you do a merge with all the update/patch type ESPs, but not the ESP/ESM from the main file, then none of the assets from the main file will be included in your new merged file.

In SRLE Neo says to leave Optional files as separate mods, so the assumption is to merge any updates or patches.  I did this and everything worked out perfect for me in his merging section.

In SRLEX I followed the same strategy (I believe), but had the same issue with assets from the main mod not getting in the merged mod, and there were no instructions in these cases to add them to the merged mod.  

So I'm not 100% certain, but this could be the discrepancy? 

Right so let me see if I undertsand you correctly for things like ELFX have patches for dawnguard and dragonborn these should NOT be meregd in the orginals mods but placed in a new mod somthing like elfx pathces?

same with the CACO patches, If this is the case then I need to do an overhaul of both SRLE Base and Extended as I have always merged pacthes in with the main mod.

It would also mean I have been Building SRLE Wrong all these years.

Edited by Darth_mathias

i noticed that if the update for example contains the esp from the main mod sometimes for some merges the merge plugin copies only the folders from the update folder if you installed them separately. I had that with CACO when i installed the updates with different name folder than the main file.

so maybe for at least for CACO it is best I recommend having seperate mods for the patches within the guide.

so maybe for at least for CACO it is best I recommend having seperate mods for the patches within the guide.

Ya, I don't think what you've been doing is wrong, just not consistent with Neo so some of your merging instructions were missing a step.  May just be worth a quick convo with Neo to ask his reasoning/methodology around patches/updates/optionals.  There is probably more than one right way, but the key to these (awesome, totally appreciated) guides is consistency.

Also, he says he doesn't like to merge ESMs for whatever reason, so I was a little concerned to do so per your merge guide...but I have no idea if it's ok or not, and haven't been able to test anything yet.

Ya, I don't think what you've been doing is wrong, just not consistent with Neo so some of your merging instructions were missing a step.  May just be worth a quick convo with Neo to ask his reasoning/methodology around patches/updates/optionals.  There is probably more than one right way, but the key to these (awesome, totally appreciated) guides is consistency.

Also, he says he doesn't like to merge ESMs for whatever reason, so I was a little concerned to do so per your merge guide...but I have no idea if it's ok or not, and haven't been able to test anything yet.

ok thanks i have changed CACO in my guide to be patches install only now.

think on this line i really should look at doing the same for RS Children.

Think Neo needs to make it a lot clear that patches and optionals should be installed a seperate mods.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Here is how I label and install my mods in MO. I hope this is correct and helps clear things up

RS Children example

-RS Children Overhaul - Main File = with Legendary, USLEEP esp (Do Not Activate - Merged) I merged my USLEEP replacer esp because mods with no esps wont get merged, Than I MANUALLY copy the ESM to the merge (notice I say Manually to keep people from thinking I let Merge Plugins merge the ESM)

-RS Children Overhaul - Patch - Books of Skyrim Patch (Do Not Activate - Merged)

-RS Children Overhaul - Patch - Cutting Room Floor (Do Not Activate - Merged)

-RS Children Patches - Patch for Falskaar (Do Not Activate - Merged)

-RS Children Patches - Patch for Wyrmstooth (Do Not Activate - Merged)

Even Better Quest Objectives

-Even Better Quest Objectives - Main File+Update+Cutting Room Floor Update (Do Not Activate - Merged) (SRLE - Legendary) (another example where you merge updates with a file and than you can merge plugin the mod and than MANUALLY copy the Even Better Quest Objectives esp into the merged file

Traps make noise (I know this isn't a merge but an example of a mod with optional files)

-Traps Make Noise - Main File - and are Dangerous

-Traps Make Noise - Optional File - Follower Safety Patch

-Traps Make Noise - Optional File - Mining Makes Noise CCO Edition

I for a long time have been keeping main files, updates, patches and optionals in separate mod files which after asking Neo a question found this to be wrong. I now always merge updates and replacer esps whether they are for the main mod, optional mod, or patches, and I keep everything else separate to allow you to pick and chose for play thru builds.