• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RainyDayMatt

RainyDayMatt

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

I just finished the entire STEP Extended lineup installation, and I realized that I chose the Performance version of the STEP Optimized Vanilla textures, when I wanted the standard version. I know Mod Organizer keeps files in separate folders instead of constantly overwriting, but I didn't know how much overwriting actually got done. Can I download and install the right version without undoing all of the subsequent texture modification? Do I have to start all over?

#2 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

No, just download/install then situate the standard version in your left pane in MO, then untick performance version (or remove/ininstall it to save space). That is the beauty of MO. Tick/untick mod in left pane to install/uninstall, and situate priority to control what overwrites.

#3 RainyDayMatt

RainyDayMatt

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Okay, awesome. And one more thing about situating priorities: I've been periodically running LOOT and letting it sort the plugin priority. That said, the left pane of MO has the priority rankings, too - and they're just sorted by time of install, which means they're in the order listed on the STEP guide. Do I need to be manually adjusting priority apart from order of install?

Also, LOOT has 102 plugins listed as the total count, but I have 226 installed according to MO. I know I disabled the dummy plugins, and some mods affect existing mods, but that's still a big discrepancy. What causes that?

#4 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

Mod priority (left pane) only dictates what assets result from the final mod-asset merge. plugin priority (LOOT) is different and dictates what plugin instructions result in the final plugin merge.

You don't need to change anything other than what I said in my last.

#5 RainyDayMatt

RainyDayMatt

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

Sweet. Okay, one last question. I added all the mods on the list (except for ones that STEP extended users didn't need), and when I ran the STEP compilation installer, the option to install for STEP extended isn't available. The instructions say " See the OP of the forum topic to help determine any missing mods." The OP of what forum topic?

#6 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

The forum topic link at the top of the wiki mod page of the mod in question ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: step, optimized, vanilla, textures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users