44 replies to this topic

#1 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

DynDOLOD 2.30/2.31/2.32 minor version update post | Major version update Post | Skyrim Special Edition

Important

This update includes updated papyrus scripts in DynDOLOD Resources 2.30 that require a DynDOLOD.esp generated by DynDOLOD Standalone 2.30 or higher. Do not mix with older versions.

If an existing save is updated, follow the "clean save" cycle:

First deactivate DynDOLOD from MCM, wait for deactivation message, go into interior, check MCM DynDOLOD is still deactivated, save, exit game.

Remove old DynDOLOD.esp, remove old meshes/skse/textures and uninstall old DynDOLOD Resources, which includes the old papyrus scripts

Start game, load last save, wait a bit, save again.

Install new DynDOLOD Resources 2.30 which includes the new papyrus scripts.

Generate LOD. Install the output with the new DynDOLOD.esp and the new generated LOD. Enable the new DynDOLOD.esp.

Start game, load the last save, go outside. DynDOLOD should initialize by itself, else activate from MCM.

Follow the same procedure for Skyrim SE even though there are no papyrus scripts.

What’s New?

Better performing papyrus scripts thanks to pointers from Borgut1337.
Better support for reading any text/ini file from BSA.
Fixed a bug with supporting mods that add new cells beyond borders, reported by Kelmych.
Hopefully fixed all of the out of memory errors when creating texture atlas (mainly happened for SSE).

Added ESL plugin support (2.32)

DynDOLOD.exe now tries to ignore and report wild edits that add floating objects above Bleakwind Basin at cell 0, 0 of Tamriel. I would be interested in feedback, especially when it got it right with the mods name, so i can verify the parameters of the wild edits to refine the detection.

DynDOLOD.exe will now warn if it encounters deleted references. It helps me to remember to clean mods.

Lots of code maintenance in xEdit carried over, thanks to Zilav being productive and lots of updates in LODGen as well for stuff happening in the background. See changelog below.

There is no need to update LOD generated by earlier versions just because the tools have been updated. Consider updating or generating LOD from scratch in case you notice missing LOD for the mods listed below or if a problem that was affecting you was fixed.

Skyrim SE users might enjoy this video by WazaLang - even if you know how to generate 3D LODs already, just for views or the mixing of different tree mods for great results. The instructions work all the same with DynDOLOD standalone 2.30 and DynDOLOD Resource 2.30.

Bruma, see this post

If you want to generate (tree) LOD for the new worldspace, you will need to edit ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt and remove/change the line "BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm". Just adding an X in front would be enough for it to show in the world selection drop down agan.

Verified working out of the box - included rules
Dawn Point Lighthouse (2.30)
Dragonfall Castle (2.30)
Dragons Keep (2.30)
Velothi Palace (2.30)
Perfect Whiterun (2.30)

DynDOLOD 2.32 - Download from Mega

DynDOLOD Resources 2.30 for Skyrim - Download from Mega

DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.30 for Skyrim SE - Download from Mega

DynDOLOD Patches 2.23 for Skyrim - Download from Mega

Changelog DynDOLOD 2.30

Changelog DynDOLOD 2.31

Changelog DynDOLOD 2.32

See major version update post for full changelog of 2.xx versions, and general update history.

See DynDOLOD 2.22/2.23/2.24/2.25/2.26/2.27 minor version update post.

Skryim typos may be intentional as long as Skyrim SE has severe visual and game breaking bugs

Edited by sheson, 15 September 2017 - 04:08 AM.

#2 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

:cool: Congratulations on the new release. I cant find any problems so far with 2.30 and the associated SSE Resources.

It seems to output quite a few more files than the 2.26 version was doing (I completely missed 2.27).

#3 clios_hand

clios_hand

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Installed 2.30 from the archive above today (Oldrim version)- deleted all previous versions from MO, started new game - and got "DynDOLOD can not find master data in none.json" and "requires data in esp 2.00"

- now it seems that *.json error usually means missing the output data in the game directory/MO - but I looked through both the 2.30 output folders generated outside MO, and even my previous 2.26 output file backup - neither has a "none.json" in it. And I am definitely using the matching Resources and Standalone. (Everything else to mismatch is gone.)

I then deleted all of it, and reinstalled everything from the 2.30 archive posted at the Nexus & ran Dyndolod after RTFM again - same result. (Also, the download included a "Dyndolod.227" folder with what looks like a complete 2.27 in it).

Is there something I am missing - ?

Edited by clios_hand, 27 August 2017 - 02:53 AM.

#4 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

Installed 2.30 from the archive above today (Oldrim version)- deleted all previous versions from MO, started new game - and got "DynDOLOD can not find master data in none.json" and "requires data in esp 2.00"

- now it seems that *.json error usually means missing the output data in the game directory/MO - but I looked through both the 2.30 output folders generated outside MO, and even my previous 2.26 output file backup - neither has a "none.json" in it. And I am definitely using the matching Resources and Standalone. (Everything else to mismatch is gone.)

I then deleted all of it, and reinstalled everything from the 2.30 archive posted at the Nexus & ran Dyndolod after RTFM again - same result. (Also, the download included a "Dyndolod.227" folder with what looks like a complete 2.27 in it).

Is there something I am missing - ?

This sounds an awful lot like an older DynDOLOD Resources is still installed. Make sure to install DynDOLOD Resource 2.30 and none of the scripts are overwritten by older versions. Then test again with a new game.

If that is not it, "none.json" could also mean that the esp has data for the current worldspace, but the accompanying data for this worldspace is missing from the jsons. Let me know which worldspace this happens in.

Bummer on the older version still in the archive, will have to fix that.

:cool: Congratulations on the new release. I cant find any problems so far with 2.30 and the associated SSE Resources.

It seems to output quite a few more files than the 2.26 version was doing (I completely missed 2.27).

Thanks, the 2.27 is just the "test version". I only linked it in help posts. It just never made it to Nexus.

Edited by sheson, 27 August 2017 - 05:15 AM.

#5 clios_hand

clios_hand

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

That's it - SolitudeWorld is missing from the .jsons - ?!

So are:

KatariahWorld

RiftenWorld

WhiterunDragonsreachWorld

WhiterunWorld

WindhelmPitWorldspace

WindhelmWorld

This appeared in my DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt log:

[00:07:28.224]    Adding 7 child worlds using Tamriel for LOD
[00:07:28.234]      KatariahWorld "Emperor's Quarters" [WRLD:000C350D]
[00:07:28.372]      RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4]
[00:07:28.635]      SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]
[00:07:28.930]      WhiterunDragonsreachWorld "Dragonsreach, Great Porch" [WRLD:00046033]
[00:07:29.017]      WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F]
[00:07:29.321]      WindhelmPitWorldspace "The Pit" [WRLD:000D45F0]
[00:07:29.768]      WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D]

None of the worlds appear again, including the final stage where where trees are generated and the big DYNDOLOD sign precedes actually building the records for each world ( "Building a list of LOD objects" ).

I have no logs for any of these worlds either.

Edited by clios_hand, 27 August 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#6 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

That's it - SolitudeWorld is missing from the .jsons - ?!
So are:
KatariahWorld
RiftenWorld
WhiterunDragonsreachWorld
WhiterunWorld
WindhelmPitWorldspace
WindhelmWorld

This appeared in my DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt log:

[00:07:28.224]    Adding 7 child worlds using Tamriel for LOD
[00:07:28.234]      KatariahWorld "Emperor's Quarters" [WRLD:000C350D]
[00:07:28.372]      RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4]
[00:07:28.635]      SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]
[00:07:28.930]      WhiterunDragonsreachWorld "Dragonsreach, Great Porch" [WRLD:00046033]
[00:07:29.017]      WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F]
[00:07:29.321]      WindhelmPitWorldspace "The Pit" [WRLD:000D45F0]
[00:07:29.768]      WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D]

None of the worlds appear again, including the final stage where where trees are generated and the big DYNDOLOD sign precedes actually building the records for each world ( "Building a list of LOD objects" ).

I have no logs for any of these worlds either.

The childworlds of Tamriel do not have json files, their data is part of the DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json and the DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Object.json. If you look inside of DynDOLOD_Worlds.json you should find lines like "solitudeworld":"tamriel", which make that "connection"

Check the installed papyrus scripts are from DynDOLOD Resources 2.30 and the LOD is generated by DynDOLOD standalone 2.30 or higher. Check the generated DynDOLOD.esp contains "Version 2.30" in its description.

If you checked all that, start a new game and take note of the exact(!) error message(s) on screen when you go to the Tamriel worldspace and post them here. If possible also make a screenshot of the MCM page DynDOLOD - Information.

Edited by sheson, 27 August 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#7 clios_hand

clios_hand

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

So - scripts are all 2.30, date 8/25/2017

Dyndolod esp confirmed 2.30 using xedit

Started game, using LAL Winking Skeever start, out door to Solitude gave same msg: "DynDOLOD can not find master data in none.json" and "requires data in esp 2.00"

Out gate to Tamriel - same "none.json" msg

Walked down as far as SolitudeExterior03 and then got "Dyndolod successfully initialized".

So some sort of lag on my end to initialize?

Started another new game - this time, coc'd straight to SolitudeExterior01 from Winking Skeever. Some "none.json" messages. Going into interior and back out did not help; then coc'd to MorthalExterior01, got same messages: "DynDOLOD can not find master data in none.json" and "requires data in esp 2.00". Running around for 10 mins in morthal swamp did not produce "Successfully initialized" message.

Argh.

Will mess around with LO etc for a bit, also try rolling back to 2.26 see if I can replicate this.

#8 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

Started game, using LAL Winking Skeever start, out door to Solitude gave same msg: "DynDOLOD can not find master data in none.json" and "requires data in esp 2.00"

I would have no idea where the message "requires data in esp 2.00" would come from. Make a screenshot to catch the exact message.

The version string "2.00" does not exist in scripts from DynDOLOD Resource 2.30. If you check the *.pex with a hex editor or the *.psc sources, you should find the phrase "DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.esp version 2.30" in the MCM and the Quest script.

In older versions the message "DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.esp version 2.00" is in the Firstborn script.

If you are using MO, use the Data tab in the right window and check that nothing overwrites the seven scripts in data\scripts\SHESON_DynDOLOD_*.pex

#9 clios_hand

clios_hand

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

Hmm - what I did not change was the Texgen output, that was generated using 2.26, dunno if that would be an issue.

#10 clios_hand

clios_hand

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Crap. Everything of course was correct in the .psc files just as you said.

So I ripped apart my LO and went thru everything that had a scripts file, because it had to be overwriting Resources - and yeah something was, my locations merged patch had included DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp and HighHrothgarWindowGlow.esp  - and it grabbed all of the 2.26 scripts with it. Merging 101 apparently escaped me on that one.

That's gotta be it - will report if it is not, but going to make a new run of Dyndolod with the actual damn scripts running.

Thank you so much for your awesome and overall patient help. (*leaves feeling like a noob.*)

Edited by clios_hand, 27 August 2017 - 07:23 PM.

#11 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

Crap. Everything of course was correct in the .psc files just as you said.

So I ripped apart my LO and went thru everything that had a scripts file, because it had to be overwriting Resources - and yeah something was, my locations merged patch had included DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp and HighHrothgarWindowGlow.esp  - and it grabbed all of the 2.26 scripts with it. Merging 101 apparently escaped me on that one.

That's gotta be it - will report if it is not, but going to make a new run of Dyndolod with the actual damn scripts running.

Thank you so much for your awesome and overall patient help. (*leaves feeling like a noob.*)

Glad we figured it out.

Edited by sheson, 27 August 2017 - 07:53 PM.

#12 some_random_guy

some_random_guy

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

High settings - Everything works, takes 10 minutes to generate, minimal performance loss.

ScientificWaterloggedGraywolf-size_restr

Thank you Sheson, you are a Legend.

Edited by some_random_guy, 28 August 2017 - 01:35 AM.

#13 Tezliov

Tezliov

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

edit: disregard this, messed up settings in MO which was causing issues with launching DynDOLOD.

Edited by Tezliov, 30 August 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#14 Mebantiza

Mebantiza

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Hello, Beyond Skyrim Bruma does not appear to be compatible with the current build. CTD when approaching the Pale Pass gate. The cause is form IS 1106ff64, its a cyrodill candle of some sort. I generated this Dnydolod a couple days ago with 2.30. Disabling the Dyndolod esp allowed me to approach the fort and pass into Cyrodiil with no issues. This issue appears almost identical to the recent LoTD ctd that were fixed recently.

#15 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:39 AM

Hello, Beyond Skyrim Bruma does not appear to be compatible with the current build. CTD when approaching the Pale Pass gate. The cause is form IS 1106ff64, its a cyrodill candle of some sort. I generated this Dnydolod a couple days ago with 2.30. Disabling the Dyndolod esp allowed me to approach the fort and pass into Cyrodiil with no issues. This issue appears almost identical to the recent LoTD ctd that were fixed recently.

The CTD with LoTD was because LOD models were missing in the newLoTD archive, so LOD generation had to fall back to use a couple full models. Those happen to be nifs that cause CTD when they are dynamically enabled. I am not quite sure what the issue is with the full models causing the engine trip as I only encountered it a couple times so far. Crash fixes does not report this crash as a problem with a nif, because the nif appears perfectly fine. It probably is some feature or setting that interferes with something in rare combination of thing.

Can you retrace the steps how you found that base record in BSHeartland.esm? That base record or its model should not be used for LOD directly.

If "Candles" rules were loaded, the dynamic LOD for the those candles should use Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\clutter\impcandelabracandle01_dyndolod_lod.nif, which is fine. Maybe for some reason the LOD uses a different / full model which is problematic.

You can also try to remove the DynDOLOD_LOD reference for that LOD candle to verify it is indeed the object causing problems.

Edited by sheson, 01 September 2017 - 04:40 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, skyrim, skyrim se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users