5 replies to this topic

#1 Bluegunk

Bluegunk

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:17 AM

Generally I seem to get on OK with the Ultra Tree Project but please may I beg some help to clear up some log issues, pop-in and confusion (I'm getting on a bit, sorry).

Detail: using the Skyrim SE latest Dyndolod and Resources, MO2, Win 10, files away from C Drive, Admin Permission on, Antivirus exception made for the folders.

First up, tree pop-in. I have 3 pictures showing pop-in of mid range (I assume beyond U-Grids 5) trees. I did not have this when I built an earlier Ultra Tree project.

Hopefully the pictures will speak for themselves.  They were captured above Lakeview House, "air-walking" towards Riverwood.

I have the pictures here:  https://postimg.org/gallery/1dsgjarrq/    and a screenshot of my mods in use for the Ultra Project -  https://postimg.org/image/53av4k391/  

There are no texture / mesh overwrites from this point on in my load order apart from the Texgen and Dyndolod files.

Please, how can I manage the LOD generation project so this does not happen?

Secondly, Log File Funnies. I've 3 logs that do not terminate, giving me the long wait for Dyndolod64.exe waiting to close (I have to force close in the end). To try and cure the issue, I cleaned two of the mods: Bruma, Arnima.

Arnima came up clean(why is it "Duplicate"?), Bruma had some trees that came up in the cleaning process. Weirdly, the Tamriel one cuts off for no reason; isn't that Skyrim.esm?

I attach the logs.  Also, my Falskaar Log is completely empty so either it did not generate or there is nothing in the mod to generate?

I attach the main overall log (Zipped to fit in).  In this log, at 26:00.656 there is an odd Obsidian reference to cloud that I can't quite fathom.

The information and knowledge is a huge mass, and I can't quite understand why these logs are not closing. 

I am working through things to try and find what is going on.

But I would be grateful for any help that can be offered.  Thank you!

Attached Files

#2 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:29 AM

If the object LOD generation process does not complete successfully for whatever reason, then both the generated LOD and the LODGen logs will be incomplete. You should not kill the LODGen.exe process that generates the object LOD if you want complete LODs. You will just have to let the processes finish on their own.

You can ignore the message about the cloud at 0,0 added by Obsidian Weathers.esp. It seems it is the only mod that does adds a references there intentionally. Eventually I will get around to filter the message for that plugin.

You will have to ask the mod author why they choose certain names for their worldspaces.

Edited by sheson, 02 March 2018 - 10:30 AM.

#3 Bluegunk

Bluegunk

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

Thank you for replying, Sheson.  Kind of you to take the time.

I didn't know where the "ArnimaDuplicate" came from. Since it is the author then I'll happily ignore it.

I'm worried about the incomplete logs and the empty Falskaar one:

From end of main log:

The incomplete logs look like they stalled in DOS boxes.

I hear what you are saying: let them run through. I'll see if I can trace what's stalling them.

#4 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

What makes you think they are stalled? Do they have 0% CPU? It seems likely you selected configuration options that require a lot of work. http://forum.step-pr...dolod-finishes/

If Falskaar turns out to be a (different) problem, switch to expert mode and execute LODGen.exe just for that worldspace as the log suggests. Bring up the spawn LODGen.exe command prompt to the front and see if there is an error message.

ArnimaDuplicate is a worldspace in Beyond Reach.

Edited by sheson, 02 March 2018 - 11:19 AM.

#5 Bluegunk

Bluegunk

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

I'm glad to realise the boxes aren't stalled - just extremely busy. Thank you.

I've been cleaning a few mods and tidied my Bruma installation, too. I'm hoping these will help.

I'll try again, now, with a scaled back operation.

#6 Bluegunk

Bluegunk

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Thank you for your patient help, Sheson!

I pulled back from the Ultra Trees by switching off the Full Replacement, cleaned up Bruma where I had some issues, and a couple of other mods generating errors, and I had a completely successful run of Dyndolod.

All good now and looking great.

Many thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pop-in, ultra, logs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users