Photo

Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs: Rantings of a madman SSE (math)

skyrim special edition sse ini study math study

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 headfull

headfull

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:15 PM

Prologue: INI a LOD of trouble

<MATH WARNING> <NOT A GUIDE>
Rantings Volume 1: Did you r.t.f.m.?
Rantings Chapter 2: They slowly backed away
Chapter 3: The Phantom Maths
  Everything in this ENTIRE post needs proven, save from what's been pulled from STEP LE guides and even then some of those may need adjusting for 64 bit. Everything I post(ed) could be wrong. My goal is to approach this as objective as I can be and to forget every thing I know, or everything I think I know. TBC...

Edited by headfull, 03 December 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#2 headfull

headfull

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:25 PM

More m.a.d.n.e.s.s.
----------------------------------------------
Chapter 4: Bat country, seriously this is mostly gibberish

Stop. Random math of game related figures. Still reading? No provable relation to anything except that the base value comes from either the game itself or INI's in hopes to help pull soma. Posted for continuity. Common factors, square roots, you name it.

Madness. Madness? Madness! (Multiples. Addition. Division. NoWeSubtractToo. Edition. Special. Skyrim.)

Chapter 4.2 New m.a.d.n.e.s.s.'s (Probably the part to read)

Interlude:

In subsequent posts I'll try to pull something rational from TL;dr and prove and disprove as much as I can from all of the above. I accidentally posted and quickly edited the OP, hope I included everything I wanted to. Do not stand by. WIP

#3 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:31 AM

How I arrived at a maximum of around 16896 for fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist and similar was through repeatedly changing the value until it had no effect anymore. I don't know if it has a different approximate maximum, be it higher or lower, if you change uGridsToLoad, as I decided it wasn't necessary to investigate since I wanted the value merely for game performance optimization.

#4 headfull

headfull

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:07 PM

Thank you for the reply DoubleYou. After my previous posts I started focusing on the terrain manager settings, working with STEP guide default values. I should take into account your max number and see if I can disprove my findings with it. Till then keep grain of sand handy

Highlights of current & previous posts:

Unfiltered current study:

Edited by headfull, 04 December 2018 - 03:21 PM.

#5 headfull

headfull

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

Edit: I make a few presumptions that I didn't express properly

#6 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

uLargeRefLODGridSize is an unsigned integer, which means it is merely 11, and cannot be 11.11111111111111111...

The fBlockLevel0Distance et. al. settings are not necessarily related to fSplitDistanceMult. But they might be. A way to test would be to set the values at zero and test the in-game effects. For example, put fSplitDistanceMult at 4 and all the fBlock distance settings at zero and see if the water anomalies are still present at Winterhold. If so, that would be an indicator that fSplitDistanceMult is not being multiplied by the fBlock distance values, as otherwise the result would be 0 and not 4.

#7 headfull

headfull

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

It's rounded down for actual game use I suppose, I don't know. But for my purpose of trying to find formuli it seems to work. Or it's just a weeeee bit o' insanity.

{sqr(1.5)=2.25*111111.1111111111=250,000}

fBlockMaximumDistance=250,000 Ultra

Thanks for the tips, I suppose I really could save time and effort with some in game testing of connectivity of settings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, special edition, sse, ini study, math, study

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users